Thread: Alliance analysis (week 8)

Alliance analysis (week 8)

Hello everyone! I’ve decided to make an analysis of the current state of the server. I will try to be as objective as possible, but I will give my own opinions as well. The alliances or ”metas” will be ranked based on the total number of resources they have raided this week as I consider that as the most important factor at this point. Just for the record, I’m not part of any alliances on this server.

1. NBK/SK
    Location: Everywhere, but mostly focused in the SW and SE http://www.gettertools.com/ts2.travi...G-Map/67495209
    Total population: 106676
    Avg population: 1134
    Total number of accounts: 94
    Rank of player if they had avg pop: 82
    Number of accounts with 4 villages or more: 32 (34.04%)
    Number of accounts with 2 villages or less: 31 (32.98%)
    Attacking rank (total): 2/4 ; Climbing rank: 1/2 ; Robbers rank: 3/2

Thoughts: These guys are big and they seem to have some quality as shown by the decent number of players with 4 villages or more and a few players with well developed croppers. The fact that NBK and SK have felt the need to form a cross-quad confederacy so soon makes their leaders look insecure and certainly too obsessed with winning even if that comes at the price of making the server boring. This gets even more obvious when you see how many noobs they have in their ranks. I seriously don’t understand why SK absorbed AZU, who were just a bunch of noobs that could’ve made good farms and/or chiefing targets (yes, some of them were late starters, but with a couple of exceptions, the rest still seem pretty weak.)

2. ~PWN~

Location: NW and NE with a few villages in the SE http://www.gettertools.com/ts2.travi...-Map/275412360
    Total population: 33924
    Avg population: 1475
    Total number of accounts: 23
    Rank of player if they had avg pop: 46
    Number of accounts with 4 villages or more: 14 (60.86%)
    Number of accounts with 2 villages or less: 2 (8.70%)
    Attacking rank: 3 ; Climbing 4 ; Robbers rank: 1

Thoughts: The recent union of TWP and MLPFc was certainly a good move by their respective leaderships. They lack numbers, but they make up in quality what they lack in quantity. The percentage of accounts with 4-5 villages is impressive and they only have 2 small accounts. ~PWN~’s raiding numbers are quite good considering they only have 23 accounts, which means that they have some decent offensive armies. However, given how few players they have, it is unclear if they will have enough defense when the cross-quad wars start. The NW and NE still have some players that look decent and that could boost ~PWN~’s numbers a bit.

3. GIYOTIN/GIYOTIN2/NZS/Carnage

http://www.gettertools.com/ts2.travi...G-Map/37115823
    Total population: 63527
    Avg population: 882
    Total number of accounts: 72
    Rank of player if they had avg pop: 110
    Number of accounts with 4 villages or more: 10 (13.89%)
    Number of accounts with 2 villages or less: 31 (43.05%)
    Attacking rank: 1 ; Climbing 2 ; Robbers rank: 4

Thoughts: Anyone who has ever played Travian has seen a blob like this one: spread out everywhere, recruiting anything that breathes in the wrong belief that more is always better and lacking any sort of identity. There is a name for alliances of this kind: n00bs. This is totally obvious from their raiding stats and low average population. Even a simple look at their profile tells you that these guys are clueless. A few decent players can however be found in this “meta”, although the fact that they have neither left nor taken over makes me wonder if they know what they’re doing. I’d be extremely surprised if they stayed together until artifact release, let alone later.

4. W.E
    The name of this alliance is “Whatever” and that’s why I won’t waste my time compiling their stats.

Here are my final thoughts: NBK/SK are definitely the front runners of this server for now, but this could change if ~PWN~ decide to take those few decent players that GIYOTIN has (this should be about as difficult as taking candy from a baby), which would send them to around 35 members. If they prove to be well-organized and with a very good attack coordinator, I don’t see it impossible for them to beat NBK/SK. It is still very early in the server, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some players in NBK/SK decide that they have had enough of this “holding hand with the entire server” policy and they want a real challenge, especially after SK’s recent incorporation of many potential farms.

We have come to the end of my analysis. Thanks for reading and remember that any corrections, thoughts or comments are welcome.

Re: Alliance analysis (week 8)

Alot of time and effort kd,thanks for the update.

Nice work kd18

Well done on the analysis

Ill clarify why we took in AZU.

As you know, travian has recently depleted in numbers... a lot. Yes, we can destroy anything and everything in our quad, but by doing that it only leaves 23 of us in it. Which then potentially leaves the remaining 16 players either shifting server or not wanting to play the game anymore due to the more experienced 'bullies'. As much as i know we are capable of winning and playing well, i also believe in giving opportunity to players who wish to play the game and get good at it. Hence the merge. Not entire azu came across due to their willingness to play the game. That is how good travian players are made and how long-term teams are made. The rules stay the same as my SK members however, and people will be cut soon, should they not increase their productivity.

It is still early and a lot of things will happen from now until arties, that is assured

But yeah thank you for the analysis, much appreciated.

Nice early analysis, Never underestimate anyone is only advice i will offer though. This has got to be quietest server ive ever seen in 11 years of playing.

Thought it was about time i popped in to say hello on forums and see who has been making some noise haha.

Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery16 View Post
    It is still early and a lot of things will happen from now until arties, that is assured
    If I'm getting your hint right, then the server might become very interesting... Also, absorbing AZU would make much more sense if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    Never underestimate anyone is only advice i will offer though.
    Whom do you think I underestimated?

Shaun, he only did an analysis based on what he observed... he does not play the server.

But you are correct, no one should underestimate anyone on the server. Small servers are usually a bit more active, so lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by kd18 View Post
    If I'm getting your hint right, then the server might become very interesting... Also, absorbing AZU would make much more sense if that's the case.

Whom do you think I underestimated?
    I was more just pointed out that being as early into the server it is that its not really possible to say who is doing good or bad at minute. just who is more active raiding.

Many different strategies to play the game and you never know how they play.

Shaun