View Poll Results: Should this guide remain in our Guides section?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a very useful, accurate and well-written guide for the version it was written for.

1 50.00%
  • Yes, but it needs some editing done for spelling and format.

1 50.00%
  • No, there are better guides already here on this topic.

0 0%
  • No, it's irrelevant/inaccurate/terribly written.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide to Raiding

"Limit" your "Edition" Limited_Edition's Avatar

Guide to Raiding

Joe's Guide to Raiding

Introduction
    In this Guide, I will be showing you how to Raid if you are, or if you are not a Gold User.
    I know there have been people already making Guides on how to Raid, but mine is maybe bigger than some/has information others don't. I will show you how to Raid from Map, Reports, and Gold Club.

What is Raiding?
    Most people already know this, but for those who don't, Raiding is a way of gathering resources together without Trading or waiting hours just for like 50 Wood or something, if you raid you can gather it within a couple of minutes, depending on how many Troops you have, and how many good farms are around you.

What is the purpose of Raiding?
    To gather resources when needed, and produce lots of growth much faster than it would be than boosting Resource Fields, even if you are a Gaul, you can raid, just because Phalanx have low Attack and can die easily, all you need to do, is to choose a safe farm.

Raiding Statistics

Spoiler:
    Roman

Legionnaire - Can carry 50 Resources

Praetorian - Can carry 20 Resources

Imperian - Can carry 50 Resources

Equites Legati - Can carry 0 Resources

Equites Imperatoris - Can carry 100 Resources

Equites Caesaris - Can carry 70 Resources

Battering Ram - Can carry 0 Resources

Fire Catapult - Can carry 0 Resources

Senator - Can carry 0 Resources

Settler - Can carry 3000 Resources

Spoiler:
    Teuton

Clubswinger - Can carry 60 Resources

Spearman - Can carry 40 Resources

Axeman - Can carry 50 Resources

Scout - Can carry 0 Resources

Paladin - Can carry 110 Resources

Teutonic Knight - Can carry 80 Resources

Ram - Can carry 0 Resources

Catapult - Can carry 0 Resources

Chief - Can carry 0 Resources

Settlers (Best Raiders but die easily) can carry 3,000 Resources

Spoiler:
    Gaul

Phalanx - Can carry 35 Resources

Swordsman - Can carry 45 Resources

Pathfinder - Can carry 0 Resources

Theutates Thunder - Can carry 75 Resources

Druidrider - Can carry 35 Resources

Haeduan - Can carry 65 Resources

Ram - Can carry 0 Resources

Trebuchet - Can carry 0 Resources

Chieftain - Can carry 0 Resources

Settlers - Can carry 3000 Resources

Where is the best place to spawn?
    The best place to Spawn for better farms is nearer to the middle, Why? Because there are simply more farms. For example if you settle at (9|37), you will have more farms than the co-ordinates (-139|325) as it is further away from the middle and not many people spawn around there, however I normally choose to settle in NW around the area (20|20) as there are many farms but also many Experienced Players who settle there, so an opportunity to kill some juicy troops but it might be a bit of a competition to handle it, so up to you if you want to settle a bit further away, but this is just my opinion, you could settle where you think it is best

Early-End Game
    In Early-Game, 500 Raids is good, over 1000 nearer to End-Game is also good

The boringness of Raiding
    Raiding does get boring and tiring but if you wanna be one of the top players, you just have to do it, it is like a cBH. But if you want to keep yourself amused while raiding, listen to some music or something

Bots
    I do not recommend getting a bot to do all the work for you, that's just lazy, illegal and stupid as when it raids some farms you just lose your troops every time/never getting any resources, it is better to raid by hand

Micro Raiding
    If you find a farm who you get 200,000+ Resources out of in a day, you will be very lucky, depending on their distance to you, is it worth to raid, if they are next door then thats good but don't send the whole like 150 Troops at them, only send like 2-3 at a time, and soon enough other Farmers in the area will start to peck at them, so I recommend to stay at a low ammount of troops as if you have like 200 small raids it is better than 10 big raids, unless you are clearing some farms that you will not commit suicide to loads of troops. I still havn't mentioned what Micro-Raiding is, so I will say now, Micro Raiding is sending mini-raids like 2-3 but 3+ is also ok, not loads of big raids of 15 or something, 200 raids of 4 clubs = 60 carry capacity for the Teuton unit Clubswinger is 480,000 Resources, nearly 5 times as much as you would get from Raiding your neighbour and however you can still raid your neighbour with amounts of 12.

Who to Farm?
    A lot of people want nice inactive big juicy farms with no cranny's and no walls or residence's with no other high raiders in the area, but it is unlikely that every farm in your 21x21 is inactive and a noob, there surely has to be a few farms who know how to protect their resources, but you don't know who the juicy farms are and who the non-juicy farms are until you raid them first, on Gold Club it tells you who has given the most resources from the ammount of Raids you sent, those are the people you should be aiming to raid, the ones with big loss are the ones you should be building Catapults and Rams for, but if you are getting bad income from your farms, it is not only them protecting themselves but it could also be other annoying neighbours raiding them and they will be thinking the same as you (to take them out)

Farm Mail
    Another thing to look out for is farm mail, like "Can I dual you" or "Stop raiding me" or "If you raid me again, I will kill you", just reply something like "learn to play the game" and they say "no", then you say "well, if you don't want to, what's the point in playing and just start a conversation by PWNing them basically", raiding can make millions delete, one day, you might have no farms

Farm Stealers
    Some people in Alliances, look in reports to find big reports like scavengers, so just get the farms before they do, that's a reason not to join an alliance with other people so early as people can easily slow your progress..

When is the best time to Join?
    The best time to join for me is around 2-3 days late on a speed server, Why? Because then most farms will be out of Beginners Protection and I can start farming straight away instead of waiting and build my Troops up faster than everyone else who started on Day 1 as I will be Raiding exact same time as them and I wouldn't need to worry about dodging or spending down res to dodge raids as I will still be in Beginners Protection myself.

Internet Browsers
    Some Browsers work faster than others for certain things, for example, IE is slower than FireFox, Opera has good download speed, Chrome is good when using tabs, etc

Speed
    Speed is also a good thing, say you have all your army at home and need to send about 3,000, speed is a good thing, if your PC is slow, I suggest using some of these tips:
    1) Delete all your Desktop Icons and then Delete them Recycle Bin
    2) Remove any unwanted programs from your computer
    3) Download CCleaner, run Analyzation then Defrag, then check for Reg Errors
    4) Download Defraggler to remove more cluttered stuff
    5) Delete/Organise your Music/Documents/Picture/Videos Folders
    6) Run Disk Cleanup from your Computer
    7) Run Disk Defragmenter from your Computer
    8) Run Windows Update and Update your PC
    9) Check on your Anti-Virus for any viruses

Duals
    It is best to have Duals on a Top Raiding Account as when your asleep or away, they can takeover on the Raiding and you can have a break without worrying about Troops dying/starving and keep up on the Top Raiders Board without dropping overnight and finding it hard to stay on.

How to Raid
    To raid you will need a Internet Browser - FireFox is usually the best for Raiding, Chrome for Tabs, Opera for other stuff, etc. The guide will explain how to raid of course.

For Gold Users:
    You can either Raid by Bookmarks, Map, Reports, Gold Club, or Spreadsheats, which I think are illegal to the game, and there are many more methods, I just do not use them

For Non Gold Users:
    You can either Raid by Bookmarks, Map, Reports, or Spreadsheats

Right, I have spoken about Duals, how to raid whether your a Gold User or Non Gold User, when to Join, where to Spawn, the purpose of Raiding, and what Raiding is, now I think I shall get on with the Guide.

How to Raid by Reports

Oh, I have reports that havn't been read, lets Raid to all these then
    MSG's/IGM's are the ones on the right hand side, the ones on the left are the reports

So I have 6 Un-read reports, I hold CTRL (Control) on my keyboard and click on each farm one by one then release CTRL

I then read them all and see how much they give:
    I got 3 different sorts of Reports:
    This is an empty Report:
    Spoiler:

This is a full Report:
    Spoiler:

This is a bit full Report:
    Spoiler:

I close the tabs of the empty reports and re-send troops at the full and non full reports just to keep collecting the resources, and then I delete the reports

That is how to raid by Reports

How to Raid by Gold Club
    If you want to use Gold Club it will either cost 100 or 50 Gold depending on how far the server is.

To add/remove farms/change farming units to your Gold Club list, go to your RP, then click Gold Club and then click Show standard farming Troops right at the bottom and set it to 3-600 (depending on how far you are in game), if you want to raid using your Gold Club click on Map and scroll down until you see it say Favourite farms.

Spoiler:

Green Reports indicate no loss
    Yellow Reports indicate some loss
    Red Reports indicate no troops returning

Then hold CTRL + Click all the farms you want to raid, then you should have a couple of tabs with a load of farms open (It is best to choose the safe farms), (to see which are the safest, look at the loss and compare with bounty and ammount of Attacks, is it worth it, if the bounty is like 1,926,479 with no loss then it is worth it, if it is 40,368 loss and 32,478 bounty, it is not worth it, and also 0 bounty and something like 339,280 loss is not worth it either), when you have your tabs set up with 4 in each one click [OK] on the first tab, then press (CTRL+Shift) to move to the new tab and click [OK] again, repeat this until you come back to the same tab, and then click OK and do the same and then when you come back to the same tab you have raided by Gold Club

Raiding from Map
    If you want to raid by Map, you can do so by clicking Map (obviously) and just holding CTRL and clicking all the red squares that look like farms, try not to raid Alliances, Confeds, or NAP's, then ones you click the square click send troops on each tab (about 8) by using the [CTRL+Shift] method and go round it again until all raids are sent

These are the Robbing Medals
    You recieve them for either getting in the Top 10 Robbers of the Week, getting Robbers of the Week Rank 3 or better 3, 5 or 10 times, getting Rank 10 or better 3, 5, or 10 times in a row.
    Spoiler:

The more raids you have going the more resources you get, if you have like 50 Raids going out, thats not really good, 200 is alright, 500 is getting better, and 1000 is getting good, but it is hard to keep up with raids, the most I can do is about 400-500, I have seen a team go to about 1400

The more raids you have, the slower your Rally Point loads up

Also a problem with Gold Club is it doesn't indicate who is in your Alliance or not, or who your CP'ed/NAP'ed with

Thanks for Reading, if I have missed anything out or made a mistake please correct me
    Thanks Joe
    Last edited by Limited_Edition; 30th January 2011 at 10:28 AM.

I'm surprised no one has commented on this. I'm just going through and reading a bunch of guides I'd only skimmed over before. Trying to find the gems.

This guide would be pretty good for a new player. Very nicely formatted as well.

Just one thing, you said that reports are on the right side and IGMs are on the left. It is the opposite way around. The reports are on the left side and the IGMs are on the right

Using spreadsheets isn't illegal. As long as what you're using doesn't access your game account, automate anything on your account or add extra links/statistics etc to the game page that shouldn't be there then it is legal.

Of course, if you use google docs and you want to add your google spreadsheets to your Travian plus links then you are allowed to do this.

Maybe you could add a post explaining how to set up raiding spreadsheets?
    Last edited by Skip; 28th January 2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
    Tbh, I don't really know myself .

This thread here is very useful for constructing customised links. One very efficient way of raiding would be to set up a link for each of your farms, with the number and type of troops you want to send for that particular raid already encoded in the link. Using this, you could:

a. Paste the link in a cell in your spreadsheet, along with whatever other data you want to track (online times, results of previous raids etc) - so you can click straight from the spreadsheet into sending a new raid.

b. For those who can't be bothered with all the work of a spreadsheet, keep all your farming links in one folder in your Firefox Bookmarks. Whenever you want to send out all your raids, simply right-click on the folder, and select "Open all in tabs" - and pop!, you have all your farming raids ready to send. On each tab, click OK, then control-tab to move on to the next - you can probably send about two raids per second and have all your raiding done in a couple of minutes.

Re: Guide to Raiding

I am deciding whether to update this for T4 and general layout, design, grammar, etc. What do you guys think?

It's a pretty good guide for beginners, although I couldn't get through it all. I got sidetracked and have to object to the constant "like" usage in the 5th section. Showing my age maybe, and at risk of stealing a grammar prefect badge, but I just hate it. One day it may become acceptable, but for now it's just unnecessary.
    It can usually just be left out completely. See below and realise that deleting the "like" makes no difference to the intent of the paragraph. You probably need a couple more sentence breaks too, but they don't irritate me as much as the "like" issue. Maybe just get it proof read?

but don't send the whole like 150 Troops at them, only send like 2-3 at a time, and soon enough other Farmers in the area will start to peck at them, so I recommend to stay at a low amount of troops as if you have like 200 small raids it is better than 10 big raids,

Sorry, I just had to post this horrid thing. I don't want to put posters like you off. I do appreciate the effort you have gone to and the great work you do, including this guide. If I was to be fairer I would preface this whiny bit with a lot more praise, so pretend I did? I really do like the guide.

I've been so soapbox free this year too!

even if you are a Gaul, you can raid, just because Phalanx have low Attack and can die easily, all you need to do, is to choose a safe farm.
    I think going for TT is good than raiding with phallies. I will personally make TTs for raiding even if i am going for Anvil.

"The best place to Spawn for better farms is nearer to the middle, Why? Because there are simply more farms. For example if you settle at (9|37), you will have more farms than the co-ordinates (-139|325) as it is further away from the middle"
    Agree, but at end you said to register after 2-3 days on speed server(which is tooo much for a speed server) and more likely you will be pushed far from center

like 150 Troops at them, only send like 2-3 at a time
    Very old players are still not aware of it. And in t4 i will say 2 (max 3) units are enough for oasis and small farm.

on Gold Club it tells you who has given the most resources from the ammount of Raids you sent,
    Ohhh... You wrote that guide for 3.6

Thanks for Reading, if I have missed anything out or made a mistake please correct me
    That's what made me to comment and post my own opinions. Very short and informative guide

I was going to, but you scared me by saying it illegal

Quote Originally Posted by rokchick View Post
    like rant
    It's like, so 1990s American schoolgirl, like totally, right?

It also happens to be a prerequisite for living in the Northern half of the Engerland. (Now I could be wrong but I'm sure that's where Lim Ed is from)
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

OK, well it's, like, I could cope with hearing it, but in print, it's like, totally awful. I DO hear it too much. My niece thinks you need at least 4 in every sentence. But I must hold forth against the tide. And sound old and mean doing it.

"Rokchick: 17% less like"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast