Thread: AU4 - New(old) user - queries

Hi. Ive played Travian a number of years ago, but only recently re-joined yesterday & have a few queries.

1) i thought (in the initial PLUS mode - soon to expire), i could upgrade 2 x CROPS and 1 village building - But from the looks of it now, it only allows me to upgrade 2 of whatever (if i upgrade 2 x crops, i cant upgrade a building).

has this rule changed in the last year or two ?

2) from a few years ago, the start-up period of 'plus' lasted a week. It apparently only lasts a 24 hours now. i guess this has changed.

i guess if i buy gold, & get plus - it lasts a week (not just 24 hours )....

Now it only allows me to upgrade ONE thing (plus account expired) - I thought we could upgrade 1 of each - field & a building ?
    Last edited by threexjranch; 8th December 2016 at 02:49 AM. Reason: double post

Forum Administrator

Re: AU4 - New(old) user - queries

With the plus IF your Roman you can start 3 at the same time. (1 crop/2 building or 2 crop/1 building) and it will do two at one time.
    If your not a roman it only allows 2 upgrades to take place at the same time.

If you purchase the Travian Plus it will cost 10 gold and last for 7 days

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."
    Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by gordonisnz View Post
    Hi. Ive played Travian a number of years ago, but only recently re-joined yesterday & have a few queries.

1) i thought (in the initial PLUS mode - soon to expire), i could upgrade 2 x CROPS and 1 village building - But from the looks of it now, it only allows me to upgrade 2 of whatever (if i upgrade 2 x crops, i cant upgrade a building).

has this rule changed in the last year or two ?

2) from a few years ago, the start-up period of 'plus' lasted a week. It apparently only lasts a 24 hours now. i guess this has changed.

i guess if i buy gold, & get plus - it lasts a week (not just 24 hours )....

Now it only allows me to upgrade ONE thing (plus account expired) - I thought we could upgrade 1 of each - field & a building ?

Hello.

threexjranch pretty much explained the whole situation, but I'm just leaving the following info here just in case you or anyone else might need it for future reference.

The only thing that has changed now is your tribe.
    You played Roman when you played few years ago, now you are playing either Gaul or Teuton.

Out of the 3 tribes in the game, only Romans have the *special* capability of being able to start to constructions (1 building and 1 resource field, without PLUS) and both the constructions run side by side.
    This means that if say Warehouse take 30 minutes to build and a crop tile take 30 minutes to build and a roman start them both at the same time (say 00:00) then they both end at the same time (i.e., 00:30).

This is very different from Travian plus with which you can only queue any two constructions, which means that if the same construction was ordered the warehouse (if queued first) will be upgraded at 00:30 and then the crop field will get over at 1:00.

For romans, you can queue an additional 3rd building/resource field that will start after the other order (building if 3rd is building, res field if 3rd is res field).

Therefore, for other 2 tribes (which is your case here), you can only queue two buildings with Travian PLUS and only 1 without it.

Regards.
    -Deadpool

I guess we cant change types now ? (cant find it in the faq - changing types) I'f i play on another world/map i'll choose Romans.....

Forum Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by gordonisnz View Post
    I guess we cant change types now ? (cant find it in the faq - changing types) I'f i play on another world/map i'll choose Romans.....
    No you cant change the tribes.
    The only way to play the same server with a different tribe is to delete this one completely then start over.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."
    Robert Frost

posts merged

Quote Originally Posted by threexjranch View Post
    No you cant change the tribes.
    The only way to play the same server with a different tribe is to delete this one completely then start over.
    Cool - may do that. Ive only been playing a day or so - easy to do.

- i'll wait 3 days - 72 hours (timer) .. then restart my account.....

Thanks....

34 hours to go..
    Last edited by Akira; 10th December 2016 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Double Post