Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread

Feedback thread

Dear Player,

We would like to get first feedback about the Birthday special server: ROA. We would like to get feedback for the following points:

1. What is the first impression?
    2. What do players like?
    3. What do players not like?
    4. Any suggestions for improvement?
    5. Other worth to mention things?

I am looking forward to hear from all.

Regards
    Dario

Last edited by Deadpool; 13th October 2016 at 02:25 AM.

Re: Feedback thread

The first of impression of this server is that lack of instruction of the rules of the game.

Like how is an artifact in a region is activated and when ?

The ROA is based on the previous version called Scattered empire. Here is the list of features of Scattered empire:

Regions

As you might noticed, Travian: Scattered Empire is all about fighting for different regions. Within these Regions you will be able to conquer special Artefacts. Artefacts can give you great powers but are not movable, as in Travian Legends. They will stay in their Region. To call an Artefact your own, you have to conquer this Region, by growing your population. If you are on the top 5 alliances of one region and you have more than 50% population within that group, you have officially conquered this region and you can use the Artifact power.

This mechanic offers new strategies: The top alliances of one region will not likely work together. But as a small alliance you can support one big alliance. It is even possible to support alliances from different regions. Just make an agreement like “We will help you in your region, help us in ours!”
    If you want to know, how exactly you can use Artefact and conquer regions, please stay tuned!

Regional Status

In Travian: Legends, Artefacts are active all the time. This is different with Scattered Empire. Here, Articats are only active, when one alliance conquered the region and defended it for more than 24 hours. You can differentiate the current state of your region by its “Status”:

Inactive: In this Status, a Region needs a minimum of 10K population before you can conquer it.

Contested: The region has more than 10K population, but no alliance has more than 50% of the population there.

Securing: One alliance achieved the 50% population mark and now has to defend the region for 24hours.

Secure: The 24 hours are up and the alliance successfully conquered the region. It can now activate the artefact bonus.

If a player wants to use the artifact power, he has to upgrade his treasury either to level 10 or 20, depending on the artifact power.
    Because we like fairplay, each village can only use two powers at the same time.

Merging Troops

In Travian: Scattered Empire you will be able for the first time to actually merge troops. You can do so by sending troops to one of your villages to another as “Reinforcements”. When they arrive in the new village, you can choose, if you want to merge them. If so, then the troops belong to the new village. This process will cost you twice the price of troop training.

One advantage is, that you don’t have to merge your whole Reinforcements at once. Just pic, which troops you want to merge.

Settlers, Chieftains and Heroes are not included in this feature.

Forward Troops

To conquer and defend regions, you will have to send troops to many places in Travian. Scattered Empire. We will help you with that by letting you forward troops within your alliance.

With that feature you are much more flexible. It also gives you the chance for changed gameplay. For example you could name of your alliance members “Defensive coordinator”. This person can store a lot of alliance troops in his villages and send them to any place, worth defending. This will take a lot of communication but will also give you new ways to play.

The Map

In last years “Ancient Europe” scenario you were able for the first time, to play an original based map of Europe. This year you will have the ancient map again, but we changed it a bit.

In general the map moved a bit north. This has the result that we will have less area to play in the south, but more in the north. Now you are able to play in regions like todays Scotland or Ireland. You can even play on big parts of Scandinavia.

The ROA special features are listed in this thread: ROA features

Hope this will help.

Regards
    Dario

like the challenge of a new way to play but miss the adventures

I like the map and the new rules. Seem like an upgrade.
    What I really dislike is that adventures and auctions are gone. All it makes is a bigger difference from using gold or not. Im not tending on using gold on this server (Why, read further down) so now Im so stuck with nothing extra at all. Its just a too big difference using it or not from now on.

With three villages at start all there is to do the first days is to use merchants back and forwards pushing recourses around, feels like that is all I have been doing this far. Thats really boring. Focusing so much more on this from the beginning, it would have been nice with a upgrade to the system. Autosending resources or something. Im using my smartphone alot playing when Im not at home and sending resources around is a really pain in the ☺☺☺.

Without gold there is no way to spend all the crops from the 10-fields in a good way, with gold you get a huge advantage with NPC, such a HUGE advantage its not even fun when you know how other players can use it.

With gold you can push crannys up in some minutes in all your villages covering all your resources, you wont even have to think about producing deff the first weeks. With this all we players not using gold cant defend ourself at all against someone focusing 100% on offensive troops. How can we defend 3 villages against someone building a hammer from start? Put some auto-avoid and crannys in all their villages and there is absolutely nothing we can do against them, nothing.

My first feeling is that the change of the game, without auctions and adventures only is to make people more or less dependent on using gold to ge a fair chance. Before, you could atleast get some gold now and then with autions, and believe it or not, I actually bought gold anyways. I often wait for a before starting to buy gold to see how things turn out, who my neighbours are, who are playing etc, etc. Now I wont even think on buying gold because I know Im already so much behind those buying, lightyears behind. :/

The game changed so now we have those playing (those using gold) and the rest (not using gold) standing in the public feeding the real players. This might be the last time for me playing Travian, after 10 years into the game.

And did I forget to mention, merging with gold? You can build soldiers in every single village and then merge them together in some 15c once a day, what it costs using resources is just silly.

How I would play if using gold:
    Be a Teuton, build three villages, fill them with crannys using gold in some minutes, put auto avoid for troops on. Start massproduing macemen in all your villages and build fields. Merge them together when BP runs out and make every single beginners 10-field village your farm, they cant do anything to stop you and they cant hurt you back at all. Build more macemen and merge, build, merge. How can this make it easier for beginners as said with the new gamerules?
    Last edited by AnkarBankar; 14th September 2016 at 04:52 AM.

very much improved respect to Scattered Empire. Now the game is more balanced between players using gold or not. I think that the lack of items is also a big improvement. Less luck, less money, more strategy.

Let the feedback flows. Our domain is lucky to have early ROA server and HQ is seeking the first time experience feedback from player. So my dear players shower as much feedback as possible.

There is no chance of getting gold club without paying for it. I think players should start with more gold or the quests should be extended to give more gold so that it is possible.

1 gold for troop merging puts non gold users at a huge disadvantage. The resource production bonus paid for by gold already puts non gold users at a disadvantage. Oasis are too difficult to deal with making it very difficult to farm profitably. I think oasis should be about 1/3 easier to 1/2 easier.

The hero basic level of healing should be a bit higher currently at 10% per day it is really quite useless.

The advert build thing hasn't been working for me, not sure why because I don't have ad block.

Warehouse and grannary level should reflect the field level in the starting village so as not to further disadvantage non gold users.

Beginners protection is too long.

Probably a lot more thoughts to come.

Can't help but agree with Cannonfoder on Beginners Protection, it feels way too long when you already have fully developed ressie tiles in one village. Possibly, if this sort of format sticks around, allow the option to break your Beginners Protection by attacking someone else. 5 days just feels like too long to be stuck in it for.

As a side note, has the reputation system been removed from the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokchick View Post
    Bennyboy because I want to know if he really does wear tartan pants like in my imagination.

Thanks for the feedback. We are seeking another round of feedback for the game center. We need feedback from player to optimize the game, so please post as much feedback as possible.

PS: Feedback are the guiding light for game center.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast