Thread: Village names

Village names

Hi,
    I logged onto my account today and my village names were change to [MH Edit], I've contacted the multihunter and asked what the go was, they said my village names weren't in English which is apparently a violation of the rules, i then wrote back saying that i have had the same village names for years and not had a problem with them at all, and so then asked if i could change them back to what they were, i was told that i would likely incur a penalty if i did... so... just wondering what the problem is, the previous names of the villages were "1. Teirm" and "2. Urū`baen". im just really confused because like i said ive used these names for years and never had a problem and never knew it was a violation? can someone please clarify for me as to why they do this now (4 years of playing) and what the actual problem is.
    Cheers,
    Ben

Re: Village names

So we can't give our villages an original name anymore without that we get a ban?
    What's next? That we only can choose English accountnames?
    Legioen from Travian.NL forum

The AU. forum is like a slow-chat.
    - VOCabulary

The rules do say:
    Following behaviour is punishable and applies to all descriptions, the account name, alliance names, village names and messages:
    English is the only official language tolerated
    I guess that would mean that you're not really supposed to have a non-English village name. It seems unusual that only some accounts have had the village names changed and not others, but maybe MH's are working through all of them and only a few have been done so far.

Hope this helps.

Yeah i now understand that it is a rule, but i have been playing for about 4 years and have always had the same village names and it has never been an issue until now, are they just trying to crack down on stuff like this? I even just finished au2 with the same village names and it was never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MBz View Post
    The rules do say:

I guess that would mean that you're not really supposed to have a non-English village name. It seems unusual that only some accounts have had the village names changed and not others, but maybe MH's are working through all of them and only a few have been done so far.

Hope this helps.
    English account name right? They should edit all the turkey's ign in Aux if that so.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Mercado View Post
    English account name right? They should edit all the turkey's ign in Aux if that so.
    They probably should do then...

The main point that this angers me is that I've used the same names for years, and i even just finished another server with villages that have identical names and have not once been told that i'm not allowed to have them.