Thread: Why I'm Not Enjoying This Game

Why I'm Not Enjoying This Game

It seems like a great game. But I'm always getting stomped by players who started much earlier.

Hey, this guy with 3 villages attacks you and your one tiny village. Meh. It only happened once.

Oh, no this guy with 100 clubmen squashes your 50 legions and farms you. You send reinforcements to a nearby villages until you have a massive army. By the time you have 10 Praetorians, you find out this same guy who farmed you attacks this other guy. His army is lost and you know since you sent reinforcements.

HA HA! He has no army it looks good, maybe you can even farm him? But oh damn someone beats up your planes with 412 Thuatets Thunder just like your tiny army you are building.

Oh gee, this is the best game ever because getting repeatedly smashed without a chance is so much fun.

This is my story.

I propose the solution:

Take GoodGame Empire.

Player power roughly translates to level. There is tequnically nothing stopping a level 65 from attacking a level 6.

But an Honor system is inplace with weekly rewards for honor. It works as one would expect: Defeat a of a simular level, hey get 100 honor points (Or whatever). But attack that guy who has no chance, POOF there goes 120 honor.

It works and as a GGE high level, I know it is OK for everyone.

Re: Why I'm Not Enjoying This Game

It seems hopeless until you learn how to play a bit better.
    The first thing to do is build up crannies to protect your resources so they cannot be robbed/farmed early in the game.
    You won't find any honor in Travian, but players are farming you to get extra resources.
    Build up crannies and spend down so they don't get any.
    Read some beginner guides..
    http://archive.forum.travian.com.au/...ead.php?t=3550

Good luck

One very very simple word

GOLD
    Actually, I found the ridiculous over-reaction to the "Smurfy smurf" stuff hilarious. Chances are that if everyone had just followed the convential wisdom on trolls and the feeding thereof, it would have died a natural death long before creedy's ban finally did the job instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojo View Post
    It seems hopeless until you learn how to play a bit better.
    The first thing to do is build up crannies to protect your resources so they cannot be robbed/farmed early in the game.
    You won't find any honor in Travian, but players are farming you to get extra resources.
    Build up crannies and spend down so they don't get any.
    Read some beginner guides..
    http://archive.forum.travian.com.au/...ead.php?t=3550

Good luck
    agreed! read the guides, these are AU servers and we are not known for our feisty nature but a very slow style of game play.
    you are extremely unlucky, you can go all server without being attack if you sleep in the shadows.

K thanks.

Was thinking of quitting today when my fledgling army got run down again.

Edit:

Just found out someone knocked down my city wall.

Look around and try to join a server that has just started. That way when you start everyone is the same size as you.

If you're starting very late into a server you're not going to have much of a chance unless you are a very experienced player.

Start in the first week of a server. Play more defensively if you cannot be online for at least 12 hours a day. If you still want to build offence it is recommended that new players get gold club and train hammers out of their capitals so they can leave troop evade on to avoid getting their hammer sniped.

Ensure to have a certain amount of scouts in every village to avoid getting scouted without your knowledge. If you have 0 scouts or too few, you will not know if they scout you.

It's all about experience. The more you play the better you will get. Don't expect to master the game in your first few servers.

My advice to you : Wait for a new server to start, and start instantly. Play the Gaul tribe,and buy some gold. Build up three level 10 crannies at least, and join a top 10 alliance. Then you can get some experience of this great game.

Romans are the best tribe if you start I think, they can double build and they have the best wall in the beginning (but it's worthless at the end). In the end their troops are the best of all tribes and they have the second best defunit (praetorian), which is fantastic if it is combined with spearmen.

Quote Originally Posted by King James View Post
    Take GoodGame Empire.
    The worst game I ever played, all the goodgame games are just pay to win.
    Legioen from Travian.NL forum

The AU. forum is like a slow-chat.
    - VOCabulary

Play the Gaul tribe,and buy some gold.
    รอยัลจีคลับ