Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This forum

This forum

It seems to me that this is the quietest forum of any Travian world I have played on (admittedly I stick to English speaking servers so I don't know about other languages) so I have been trying to work out why. And what is different elsewhere.

My theory is that it is to do with the fact that you have to have a forum account and log in just to be able to read any posts, let alone post anything. I can see the point of logging in to post but logging in to read stuff has to be a disincentive for most people. And I do realise it probably means very few people will read this to even know what I am suggesting

So, is this something that could be changed? And does anyone think it should be? Or is there some other reason the forum is as dead as it is?

Re: This forum

The forum used to be more active, not sure why but no bugger reads then posts anymore.

Alliances need to push the forum more, nothing like a bit of banter between alliance, makes it worth coming to. Thats my 1 cent worth

Smurf Smurf
    Actually, I found the ridiculous over-reaction to the "Smurfy smurf" stuff hilarious. Chances are that if everyone had just followed the convential wisdom on trolls and the feeding thereof, it would have died a natural death long before creedy's ban finally did the job instead.

We did try for au4 but the only two players who ever got involved in banter from outside our alliance have deleted their accounts now and there is no fun in having no one to banter with. Might be worth a try for other servers though

I still favour being able to read the forum without having to log in though - then hopefully people might get sufficiently incensed by some statements to log in and respond. (It is possible this is too much of a dream!)

We're working on bringing some new things to this forum, to try and vamp it up a bit. It used to be hopping, but not so much now.

Things will be coming soon!

Oberyn

Quote Originally Posted by creedy View Post
    The forum used to be more active, not sure why but no bugger reads then posts anymore.

Alliances need to push the forum more, nothing like a bit of banter between alliance, makes it worth coming to. Thats my 1 cent worth

Smurf Smurf
    Ah the memories lol yup the forum used to to good back in the day , some heated words good battle reports and a crap load of posting. How yah been dave ? Did you get any of the flooding in Dunedin ?

Most of the old gang have finally gone handfull still play like VB n Kat etc over on .com I think over here even Mwesty retired after all these years , i still browse when i can maybe if trav kingdoms ventures to AU i might have a crack.

Smurf on Creedy.

Well bugger me,

How you doing McMillan?

The old war/love crew isnt whqt it used to be, be on a travian holiday for a while.Thought id pop in and annoy a few noobs.Bit sad to see no bugger on here anymore, nothing like a bit banter..

Life in general isnt too bad, lucky for us we are on a rather high Hill so the flood waters didnt reach us. Unfortunately the snowmwemhad the week before did.

Au2 server is slow mate, bloody slow..Even Smurf Smurf hasn't wound anyone up yet....

Smurf Smurf
    Actually, I found the ridiculous over-reaction to the "Smurfy smurf" stuff hilarious. Chances are that if everyone had just followed the convential wisdom on trolls and the feeding thereof, it would have died a natural death long before creedy's ban finally did the job instead.

My bro and I used to be active.
    I have memories of staff becoming too strict. (putting it kindly)

I recommend a more lax approach, otherwise once players leave even for a short time they are less inclined to return.
    However, if they have a primarily positive experience and relationship to all they may invite friends and come back even after popping out a few kids

And of course, there is more to talk about if you have a few spammy players posting a bit more, perhaps a bit more crudely.. but it's still better than ghost town.

Given history I'm surprised any partially negative comments to the server haven;t been deleted instantly followed by warnings/infractions...

//Peace

EDIT:
    Also I have not played an official travian server for some time, as I'm aussie this is the first place I came (t.com.au)...
    My first thoughts were that au is shutting down as I can only register to 2 servers, and login to 3.
    If there was information about upcoming servers more clearly available perhaps I could catch up with people on skype and prepare for aux, however I expect to be registered at a different domain within an hour... and then come back in a month or more to see if au is alive.

Does anyone remember me? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    Remember who?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    You're still around? That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by McMillan View Post
    Ah the memories lol yup the forum used to to good back in the day , some heated words good battle reports and a crap load of posting. How yah been dave ? Did you get any of the flooding in Dunedin ?

I know I have been away awhile, when a guy who joined after I stopped being active, talks about "back in the day".
    "They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast