Thread: Vacation mode!

Vacation mode!

Hi everyone,

I've had a few questions regarding vacation mode and its functions, so I've decided to put this up to hopefully answer your curiosity.

What is vacation mode?

With the newest update in Travian we are introducing a new feature for players who need to take a brake from the game for any reason and cannot find sitters for the time they will be offline. That feature was frequently asked for in our surveys.

Of course we also wanted to make sure that the new feature won’t be used to cheat and gain unfair advantage. That’s why we created a set of special rules that only allow player to enter vacation mode when certain conditions are met.

How can I start vaction mode?

You can start a vacation mode only if:
    • you have no outgoing troops
    • you have no incoming troops to your villages or oasis
    • your troops are not reinforcing another player
    • you don’t have reinforcements from other players
    • you don’t own a WW village
    • you don’t own an artifact
    • you are not in the beginners protection

Those rules means that it’s not possible to hide in vacation mode for example when you are attacked or when you are attacking someone. You also can’t protect Wonder of the World or an artifact for you alliance by using this mode.

So what will happen if you meet those conditions and decide to turn vacation mode on?

First, you have to choose how long it will be. You can use up to 21/speed days of vacation mode during a game round. For example on speed x2 you can use up to 11 days (21/2 = 10.5, rounded to 11). Be careful not to make a mistake here, because once the vacation mode starts, you cannot change its length, unless you use 10 Gold to go out of the mode immediately. If you decide to abort vacation with gold, you will get back all unused days (for example if you start vacation for 10 days and abort it right away, the first day would have already started, so you only get back 9 days). If you don’t abort vacation early, it will finish after the number of days you specified at the start.

What can or can't be done during vacation mode?

During vacation mode:
    • your villages and oasis cannot be attacked
    • other players can see that you have vacation mode enabled
    • your villages may still be added to other player’s raid-lists, but they can’t be raided
    • your troops may starve
    • you cannot:
      • send troops or receive troops from other players
      • send hero on adventures
      • order new builds
      • order new troops training
      • start celebrations in Town hall or Brewery
      • use Marketplace (with the exception of NPC trade that still works)
      • start new research in Academy
      • start new upgrades in Smithy
      • use auctions
      • join or create new alliance
      • start account deletion
      • set up new trade routes
      • you can:
        • abort vacation mode at any time with gold
        • exchange silver to gold

• Daily Rewards points will still reset at the usual time
    • actions you ordered before vacation mode was started will continue as usual (including troop training, builds, Master Builder and already existing trade routes)

Hope that helps!
    Regards,
    Archaed & Your Friendly Neighbourhood Travian Team
    Last edited by threexjranch; 11th July 2017 at 08:02 AM.
    Questions? Feel free to pm me to chat.

Re: Vacation mode!

This should be posted before the server starts or before the new features activated so that everybody will be aware. Aside from that, the travian team can collect ideas from the players, what will be the advantages and disadvantages about this new feature. And for me, this will be a quick guide to CHEAT in the game.

Hi d4kh00d,

Given the fact vacation mode can only be entered when NO incoming attacks are scheduled nor any outgoing attacks or reinforcements either way, as well as the fact the account pretty much freezes when this is entered means that it may delay being attacked, but when the vacation mode ends it is just as vulnerable as it was before.

Due to the nature of updates within Travian, it is impossible to schedule an update for a server start, as we have servers in all stages of the game.

It also was announced within the changelog prior to the update, I decided to add in this information section just to make it easier to read than the changelog.

Try it out, and feel free to give feedback, but dont knock it till you do try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaed View Post
    • actions you ordered before vacation mode was started will continue as usual (including troop training, builds, Master Builder and already existing trade routes)

I am pointing to this actions. when in vacation mode this should also be stopped. you know why? I could que a lot of troops before i put my account into a vacation mode. Let's say for example, I plan to have a vacation mode for 21 days (maximum), in a normal training for imperian is only 1:26 minutes...in an hour you can have 47 imperians or 1128 imperians a day multiply by 21 days of vacation mode then you can have 23688 imperians during your vacation mode. your troops will will not starve during the vacation mode because you have to create trade routes before you enter into vacation mode. if you get my point, then this should be stop.

Dont forget this bit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaed View Post

• You cannot:
      • order new troops training

You can only build what is in your queue, which would, in your scenario require upwards of 5,000,000 warehouse capacity.

We are always willing to take feedback on the effects of it, but we'd like to see players try it, and see how it feels rather than how it looks on paper, it's designed to be fair to both attackers and defenders, but can always be changed at later dates.

You cannot order new troops when the vacation mode starts and that is right. also, i didn't say you have to get a warehouse capacity of 5m to train any troops. you can train 23 thousand of troops in a total before you activate the vacation mode. by the help of your ally, you can create as much troops as you want and not in a one time training but in installment basis. let say, your warehouse capacity will take only 500 troops per training then you have to queue 500 and 500 until you reach in a total of 23 thousand and/or until your vacation mode expires.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rkh00d View Post
    You cannot order new troops when the vacation mode starts and that is right. also, i didn't say you have to get a warehouse capacity of 5m to train any troops. you can train 23 thousand of troops in a total before you activate the vacation mode. by the help of your ally, you can create as much troops as you want and not in a one time training but in installment basis. let say, your warehouse capacity will take only 500 troops per training then you have to queue 500 and 500 until you reach in a total of 23 thousand and/or until your vacation mode expires.
    For cowardly hammerplayers that would like to abuse this function, the only time it would actually be profitable enough to compensate for the loss of growth and activity in general is in the month before end-game I believe. Otherwise the vacationmode will definitely be damaging to your account. I'd rather get catapulted and rebuild than be able to do nothing in all that time. Also.. I'd love all my enemies to be in vacationmode for a few weeks, it means I get ahead of them (if I weren't alraedy) while they can't fight me either.

Perhaps HQ can make it possible to scout players that are in vacationmode That way the rest can still keep an eye on them

Quote Originally Posted by John92 View Post
    For cowardly hammerplayers that would like to abuse this function, the only time it would actually be profitable enough to compensate for the loss of growth and activity in general is in the month before end-game I believe. Otherwise the vacationmode will definitely be damaging to your account. I'd rather get catapulted and rebuild than be able to do nothing in all that time. Also.. I'd love all my enemies to be in vacationmode for a few weeks, it means I get ahead of them (if I weren't alraedy) while they can't fight me either.

Perhaps HQ can make it possible to scout players that are in vacationmode That way the rest can still keep an eye on them
    yes it is true, using this vacation mode is an act of cowardly thing from the game specially to those hammer players. my point is, vacation mode is a good new feature in this version but HQ must STOP the troops training even it is on queue to take out any disadvantages from other players who get online more than 10 hours a day just to check their account. if the player don't have any hammer, then they have to accept the consequences that other players will retaliate to their account.

Good update, this vacation mode!

Has anything been changed since last year? Is it the same on Scattered Empires? I couldn't find anything in my Search but may have missed something in a Changelog. Thank you