Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: DP-NW?

Re: DP-NW?

Thanks Aanbo tbh a lot of us got married had kids started paying off a mortgage... others finished uni got jobs.. went travelling around the world ...

Back then trav used to be a very time consuming game no such thing as a raiding list all manual raids it is a very addictive game as you could imagine.

Some left some ventured over to .com and uk servers others tried out different domains the number slowly went down over the years as you can tell these days.

T4.4 is a joy as much as players sometimes bag it out tbh and with technology these days you can enjoy a round of trav without having to be in front of a PC majority of the day , laptops-notebooks,smart phones,i-pads the list goes on find yourself a good trustworthy dual and you are set.

I think i have retired from trav about 5 times now maybe 6 times and stick my head back in every now and then biggest gap was 2years. As funny as it sounds made some good friends out of it even in R/L.

These days i try and play one snail round a year as i still enjoy the game even if the AU numbers are very low but for an old trav fart it suits me just fine lol . Good balance of r/l and that annoying hobby of trav is the key.

Makes sense, I guess travian just didn't manage to attract new players that well? It's sorta sad that all the old timers are leaving but not many newbies are coming along. It's such a fun game
    I don't even want to think about playing without a farmlist lol

Haha The amount of times I've heard of retirees returning to trav is ridiculous lol But definitely do meet some cool people on here

Oh yeah, what's your ign on au4 btw?

Ahh back in the day when there were farms to farm...I remeber it fondly ...nice story but I think that was the most off topic thread I have ever seen , good job haha...

Aye it can get very addictive, one round a year hey??...will have to keep in touch and see where you are at at the end of this server, might play with instead of against you next time , would be an interesting experience

Yeah farm lists are so damn helpful now that we have them haha

this is my first server in 5 years, its shocking how few people play now quite honestly.

no idea why either, its basically the same game

it is a fair bit different but the essential core of it is the same yeah...i would love to see a classic, a T5 and a T4.4 all at the same time...that way people can pick and choose which one they want to play

classic as in T3 or T2?

hmm, i would originally say 3-3.6 since i came in on 2009 but i haven't played 2...any ideas what the differences were??..

Yeah, I played a few rounds in 09-10 then quit for a while and suddenly found myself thinking of it. Checked the website and Au1 had just started so I decided to take it as a sign that the Great Flying Spaghetti Monster, in all his noodly wisdom had decided it was time for me to return.

Quote Originally Posted by lupusindefined View Post
    hmm, i would originally say 3-3.6 since i came in on 2009 but i haven't played 2...any ideas what the differences were??..
    T2.5 was a lot different. From memory the biggest differences were:

Capital had maximum level 10 fields
    No heros
    No oases bonus
    No artefacts

hmm...maybe i did start in 2.5 then because i remember leaving for a while when hero's came in because they were too weird for me back then and i had to focus more on school ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789