Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Alliance review My thoughts

  1. #1

    Join Date
    18 Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth.
    Posts
    48

    Alliance review My thoughts

    Well we are at a point in the game where surly some of us are trying to figure out who is the favorite to win the race for the WW.

    There are certainly other alliances but let’s be frank the winners will come from this list it is simply a matter of how the final metas group together. I don’t believe any one alliance can win this on their own.

    MoQO

    Overall Ranking 1
    Attack Ranking 1
    Defender Ranking 2
    Attack per Player 18,987 2nd
    Defence per Player 3,055 2nd
    Average Player size 4,327 2nd
    Conquests 42

    With over 35% more players than R.BOYZ MoQO should be doing much better. Their strength comes from their very tight clustering in the North east. Looking at the getter map it appears they have set very tight limits to their expansion.

    Their principal attacking seems to be against Thorne having conquered 14 Villages off them. Thorne and MoQO occupy the same quaddie and this can be an issue for both of them. I feel both will have to hold back defenders from the WW because of this.

    MoQO stands alone with no declared Alliances/Confeds they simply cannot win the server on their own. They have done well with artifacts but that is not enough. CSS has been suggested as a natural Allie for them but I don’t see it. The only reason to have CSS as an allie is to use them as cannon fodder for R.BOYZ. To me the most logical allie for them is WBP. This will give them effective control of the Eastern hemisphere with out exposing either of themselves unduly. This would give you MoQo/WBP/Tro as a Meta and it looks very strong to me. Though the R.Boyzs in the SE may have something to say about it.

    R.BOYZ

    Overall Ranking 2
    Attack Ranking 2
    Defender Ranking 3
    Attack per Player 23,744 1st
    Defence per Player 3,488 1st
    Average Player size 5,537 1st
    Conquests 68

    R.BOYZ are still covering three quaddies with a focus more on two they have a predominantly southern location. The problem for these guys is the relative low numbers they have.
    They are certainly aggressive when needed with 68 conquests being 50% more than the nearest rival they are doing OK. More impressive is the fact that their attack per player is 25% higher than the second ranked. Not surprisingly their principal conquests are against CSS.
    The Confed with DS is their principal strength and as things stand you would think they are the favorites. The biggest localized threat for them is CSS. I think CSS is the key to this server if CSS becomes friend with these guys it is pretty much game over. If CSS prefer war then R.Boyz are in trouble.

    WBP

    Overall Ranking 3
    Attack Ranking 4
    Defender Ranking 4
    Attack per Player 7,612 4th
    Defence per Player 1,392 5th
    Average Player size 2,650 3rd
    Conquests 14
    I have to be honest 6 weeks ago I was expecting the WBP to disband. They don’t have strength to be able to lead a Meta to the WW. There is no conceivable way they can do it on their own. Their player retention is shocking.

    The best option for these guys is to set up an alliance with either R.Boyz or MoQO…perhaps CSS but I think it is best to do so with one of the two principal alliance on the server. There is not a lot wrong with these guys but then there is not a lot a lot right…they are just average.



    CSS

    Overall Ranking 4
    Attack Ranking 3
    Defender Ranking 5
    Attack per Player 8,548 3rd
    Defence per Player 1,262 5th
    Average Player size 2,419 5th
    Conquests 4

    Now I really don’t think these guys realize just how important they are. Despite them being lower overall than WBP I rate them higher overall and because of the influence they can have on the server.

    Their location in the SW and behind the Bulk of the R.Boyz players makes them a threat. Having R.Boyz between them and the gray Zone for the WW is a real threat to them only because R.Boyz has a much stronger players.

    They cannot win the server on their own they have remain neutral the whole time and despite the loss of villages to R.BOYZ have seem to keep a good relationship with them. They have player their position smart.

    It is time for them to set up for the end game pick and alliance they want to run with and work on that.

    DS

    Overall Ranking 5
    Attack Ranking 6
    Defender Ranking 6
    Attack per Player 7.807 5th
    Defence per Player 1,262 5th
    Average Player size 2,577 5th
    Conquests 15

    DS are flat line the stats 5th 6th I would like to find exciting things about them to say but I can’t. All of their conquests have come from lone players or natars.

    These guys are a western alliance and mainly NW. It will suit R.Boyz to use them as Cannon Fodder against MoQO. Their Confed is their best thing so far. Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with these guys and their wing. They have just done nothing…Nothing good….nothing bad

    Their alliance with R.Boyz will hold so that goes well for them.

    Thorne.1

    Overall Ranking 6
    Attack Ranking 5
    Defender Ranking 1
    Attack per Player 8,209 4th
    Defence per Player 3,741 1st
    Average Player size 2,247 6th
    Conquests 8

    Well this is the most attacked alliance on the server and they have done well to hang together. I hate to say but they are on the brink of becoming irrelevant. The only thing they can do that will have any influence is to merge with MoQO.

    Conclusion

    We still have to sit and wait as to how the final metas will shape up. If nothing changes and a few alliances run as spoilers I predict :
    Runners for WWS
    MoQO
    R.Boyz
    WBP

    The winner as it stands probably R.Boyz.

    This is my first run at this sort of review and I am probably missing key factors that other will consider more important. I am interested in you predictions.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    20 Jun 2010
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    348

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    might i point out that if R.BOYZ are cheifing a lot of CSS players then might it be a good assumption that instead of CSS keeping a good relation that instead CSS is slowly being taken out by R.BOYZ??...

    however i agree that CSS are probably pretty important to whoever is going to win the server...

    at the same time i disagree with you that WBP have any importance whatsoever, most of them are farms and they have maybe 5 or 6 good players, almost all the rest are farms or simmers and of no importance...

    as for Throne, yeah i guess their only possible out when it comes to their destruction is begging MoQO to take them on board as cannon fodder...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    18 Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth.
    Posts
    48

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by lupusindefined View Post
    might i point out that if R.BOYZ are cheifing a lot of CSS players then might it be a good assumption that instead of CSS keeping a good relation that instead CSS is slowly being taken out by R.BOYZ??...
    My understanding is that it was retaliatory for players that moved from SOH to CSS. The SOH players thought it would be fun to take out R.Boyz and show they were weak ... Turns out they were wrong. CSS took a hands off position and let R.Boyz kill off the players involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by lupusindefined View Post
    at the same time i disagree with you that WBP have any importance whatsoever, most of them are farms and they have maybe 5 or 6 good players, almost all the rest are farms or simmers and of no importance...
    My intel on them is weak so I bow to your superior knowledge I had written them off 6 weeks ago and was impressed with the recovery. Given your comment their top players may run as spoilers or defect...If you favor the defection position they have to run to R.Boyz I would guess.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    20 Jun 2010
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    348

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    ahh true it may have been that...i didn't take that into account ...yeah that must have been pretty nice of CSS to help out like that

    i must admit that i am impressed that they recovered their position however they seem to have just filled up with weaker players to get the extra pop and it doesn't look like they have actually gained any quality back though...hmm, i am not sure who they will side with since i do not know if there was any resentment between the WBP players and the defectors to R.BOYZ or not so who knows

  5. #5
    paddles's Avatar
    Join Date
    9 Feb 2010
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    691

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by lordgoogletw View Post
    This is my first run at this sort of review and I am probably missing key factors that other will consider more important.
    Mostly nice, a quick statement about artifacts should also be neccesary at this stage of the game especially when you are talking about WW's.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordgoogletw View Post
    MoQO stands alone with no declared Alliances/Confeds they simply cannot win the server on their own. They have done well with artifacts but that is not enough. CSS has been suggested as a natural Allie for them but I don’t see it. The only reason to have CSS as an allie is to use them as cannon fodder for R.BOYZ. To me the most logical allie for them is WBP. This will give them effective control of the Eastern hemisphere with out exposing either of themselves unduly. This would give you MoQo/WBP/Tro as a Meta and it looks very strong to me. Though the R.Boyzs in the SE may have something to say about it.
    I was the one that asserted that the best alliance for MoQO is CSS. You say that they will be cannon fodder, and then suggest WBP who would only also be a meatshield, but a far lesser one. WBP are incompitent and would not be anywere near the level of match in terms of skill that CSS would be for them. As you suggest R.BOYZ might have something to say about, i'm sure they would. THey have 3 big hammer accounts in the SE and i'm sure more then ready to go to town on WBP.


    Quote Originally Posted by lordgoogletw View Post
    The best option for these guys is to set up an alliance with either R.Boyz or MoQO…perhaps CSS but I think it is best to do so with one of the two principal alliance on the server. There is not a lot wrong with these guys but then there is not a lot a lot right…they are just average.
    I'll give a quick annecdote about these guys. Much earlier in the server, they went by the name SE Lords. I was in talks with the then leader of the alliance to try and improve their current standings. He threatened to quit multiple times on me, but i talked him out of it as I wanted to see a competitive SE alliance. Eventually he did quit with a few others to join R.BOYZ because of the now leader of the WBP blatent bias when dealings with the players. The now current leader gave preferential treatment to anyone that was a philipino. I was also at that stage a leader of a bunch of noobs in the SE. They were about to attack us and had even declared war on us when they stopped after talking to the other leader of my alliance. As it turns out he and half of my alliance was also philipino. So instead of a war, WBP went into a confed with R.GIRLZ (now TrO) purely on their nationality.

    WBP are lead by idiots and should at no point be considered as a chance to win the server.



    My thoughts: MoQO to win the server if they join with CSS otherwise it will be a RB-DS victory.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    18 Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth.
    Posts
    48

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by paddles View Post


    I was the one that asserted that the best alliance for MoQO is CSS. You say that they will be cannon fodder, and then suggest WBP who would only also be a meatshield, but a far lesser one.
    The meat shields, I think that is part of the Australian Anzac spirit. The British sent Australian to slaughter on the beaches of Gallipoli. I see MoQO and R.BOYZ are being the Colonial powers. The unaligned Alliances will be used by the Colonial Powers to best suit themselves. The MoQO/CSS has real appeal as it jams up R.BOYZ...enemies to the north enemies to the south. I really do think this would be a master stroke Alliance for MoQO to put together. MoQO gets CSS to Attack R.BOYZ pulling defenders from the WW or worse killing off their Hammers or micro Hammers.

    If the Alliace tructre goes R.Boyz/CSS/DS then R.Boys would want CSS to be a defence factory. Shipping defenders off to the front line of the WW. This is not bad for CSS as it will have the bulk of R.Boyz in front of them as a buffer zone and will allow CSS to preserve its hammers for more important things.



    Quote Originally Posted by paddles View Post
    WBP are lead by idiots and should at no point be considered as a chance to win the server.
    Ahhh they are the Filipino Alliance...thank for the update now I know I have to agree with you i dont even think they ccan be spoilers either.


    Quote Originally Posted by paddles View Post
    My thoughts: MoQO to win the server if they join with CSS otherwise it will be a RB-DS victory.

    CSS Is the key to the server they cant win but they can decide who does

  7. #7
    paddles's Avatar
    Join Date
    9 Feb 2010
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    691

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by lordgoogletw View Post
    If the Alliace tructre goes R.Boyz/CSS/DS then R.Boys would want CSS to be a defence factory. Shipping defenders off to the front line of the WW. This is not bad for CSS as it will have the bulk of R.Boyz in front of them as a buffer zone and will allow CSS to preserve its hammers for more important things.
    Why wouldn't D.S and R.BOYZ also be def factories? Also, why wouldn't MoQO attack them because of distance, they have to go inter quad anyway? This isn't a large server, large clusters aren't out around the 200's. It would be just as big a risk for MoQO to attack CSS as it would be to attack most of R.BOYZ/D.S. Its in the execution of the attack rather then the surprise.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    18 Nov 2013
    Location
    Perth.
    Posts
    48

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by paddles View Post
    Why wouldn't D.S and R.BOYZ also be def factories? Also, why wouldn't MoQO attack them because of distance, they have to go inter quad anyway? This isn't a large server, large clusters aren't out around the 200's. It would be just as big a risk for MoQO to attack CSS as it would be to attack most of R.BOYZ/D.S. Its in the execution of the attack rather then the surprise.

    OK I disagree with your conclusion. So if I was was running a hypothetical R.BOYZ/DS/DS2/CSS Meta you do a SWAT Analysis (strenghts, Weakness, Opportunities and threats)

    So lets look how CSS slots in. They now find themselves as the singularly best positioned alliance on the server. They are totally surrounded by their alliance partners against any credible threat. R,Boyz create a crescent shapedfull of strong players in front of them and DS a super block to the due north and north west. You could not craft a safer place on a sever for 50 player unless you went out of your way to try.

    DS, now they have issues because they share a border with MoQO. Cross borders issues will be an issue. running defenders to them is much more difficult given the distances involved and the relativity short attack time if coming from MoQO especially the border players.

    R.Boyz I get the feeling they would prefer to attack than defend...Of all the member of the hypothetical meta this is where the hammers are. i have no doubt there are a few anvils floating and certain there are some Micro anvil and hammers as well.

    So you decide how you play it you put CSS on Defence. Realistically they are least likely to be attacked that wing should be able to pump out 50K in defenders a day quite easily . A MoQO attack is serious would take a minimum of 20 hours so gathering defences in any given village is no big deal from a wing structured to defend.

    The likelihood of a MoQO attack on CSS is remote. If for no other reason than they have more important targets.

    DS these guys have border issues so you have to make this alliance split 50|50 on Defence and Attack. CSS will have long travel times to get defender there. You cant put the whole alliance on defence as you need them to be running attacks against MoQO. You want to draw MoQO defenders to the border Villages. I would fake that zone a little. My target zone however would be out around the 50|50 map zone for this wing.

    Now you get to R.Boyz i don't know many of the players but I am guessing they all have nice TS placing most of them inside of 6-8 hours of the opposition WW and not a lot more to some of MoQOs key players. Sure put the smaller players on defence while strongly supporting the hammers. You said you know of three already sso i am guessing there are possibly a few more. I doubt that there have been many server with that many hammers close to 0|0.

    So...CSS is a natural for the defence factory. DS need some factories but hardly the industrial complex you would make CSS. Then you let R.Boyz run a blitzkrieg offence...DS can flank MoQO In the north R.Boyz can flank them in the east and the drive through the centre.

    The risk to MoQO of attacking CSS is the counter attack. It is also the possibility that their attacking village will not exist when their attack lands...Chief the attacking village before the troops arrive. I have no evidence to support this but man for man I think R.Boyz is far more trooped up than MoQO (on offence).

    In this hypothetical R.Boyz are better of offence both due to position and abilities and CSS are for the same reason natural defenders.


    geeze long answer to your short question

  9. #9
    paddles's Avatar
    Join Date
    9 Feb 2010
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    691

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by lordgoogletw View Post
    OK I disagree with your conclusion. So if I was was running a hypothetical R.BOYZ/DS/DS2/CSS Meta you do a SWAT Analysis (strenghts, Weakness, Opportunities and threats)
    .
    .
    .
    geeze long answer to your short question
    Could I ask your experience level? Its just that it seems that your hypotheticals aren't really grounded in reality. How aren't CSS members important targets? Why wouldn't MoQO fake properly? Why wouldn't CSS's hammers be used? If you've played through an endgame before, its usually the Larger hammers sim. The medium hammers try and kill the larger hammers/capitals/take artifacts and the smaller hammers already dead. It doesnt matter whp ypu are, or how far they are away, a hammer is a hammer and a target is a target.

  10. #10
    Floyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    29 Jan 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    161

    Re: Alliance review My thoughts

    I just can't help but disagree with some of you comments towards RBoyz. Fair enough, i'd maybe have a bit of bias too if i wasn't on the outside looking in.

    But i am on the outside, but when i do get the chance to look in and get the chance to see how Rboyz work and operate they never fail to give me a good laugh. Botched chiefings, some shocking artefact co-ordination, poor attacking. By no means should i judge on the few select incidents they have been brought to my attention alone and they would still be top dogs on this server in my opinion but that would only be because of their confed with DS. Other rumblings tell me this connection isn't that strong, but in the past i have heard they have a strong bond... are things starting to get a little frayed?

    I think when Rboyz finally get bold enough to try and take on CSS they will be fighting a losing battle. CSS could be a menace in the SW till the end. Or maybe a mega meta could form Rboyz/D.S/CSS then that would really stack the odds against MoQO and WBP

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Movie Review : Skyline
    By Trigger in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th December 2010, 11:44 PM
  2. Movie Review : Knight and Day
    By Trigger in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st December 2010, 07:06 PM
  3. Movie Review : Clash of the Titans
    By Trigger in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23rd August 2010, 02:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •