Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silver Pushing Prevention Discussion

Re: Silver Pushing Prevention Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    Accounts at end game, sure. But what do you classify as a deleting account? Otherwise a player can just flick on the delete timer everytime they convert silver back to gold.
    An account that actually deletes and is removed from the server, the system should then look at how much silver left in the account, convert it and generate a higher-then-otherwise gold link

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

Quote Originally Posted by rokchick View Post
    Its not the purchased gold that is the problem.
    There's no real benefit to pushing that, you can just buy it for them.
    The issue is the spamming of hero accounts who just do adventures, sell items, make a heap of silver and then push to a single account. I'm loath to say the word multi, but a lot of them are at least the equivalent. It is happening on most servers now. And depending on your perspective, it certainly breaks the spirit of the old "each account played for it's own benefit".
    There also seems to be a few who find a way to "magically" get silver. Not sure how that works though. Without gold and without hero items of note.
    In addition to multiaccounts and people just giving all their silver to someone else. This probably comes under payment fraud, but at least on the U.S servers there is a silver blackmarket where you can buy silver (meaning gold really) at a fraction of the actual price. I personally think that this change is a great idea and prevents, or at least severely hampers the blatant abuse of the auction system for this kind of thing.

That's probably a good point - I have a tendency to look at things purely from my point of view, and given I'm legit and above board, I fail to consider all those dodgy players...

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by VVV View Post
    That's probably a good point - I have a tendency to look at things purely from my point of view, and given I'm legit and above board, I fail to consider all those dodgy players...
    Same. I only found out about it when a dual with the #1 player on usx left and got him banned for that and multiaccounting to boot.

I laughed a lot when I read this. I played a T4 server ages ago, initially to see if it was any good (it wasnt) and then to look for exploits (legal ones) in the game. The marketplace is ripe for all sorts of scams, its not surprising that people choose to manipulate it, its easy to do and there are no checks and balances employed to stop it, just the usual hammer/nut approach from Travian central.

I think its hilarious that there is now a notional value to objects in this version of the game. T4 has devalued the brand/game so much in the eyes of many its just a hoot to see this.

Suffice to say there are other flaws in the game which have yet to be exploited, the lateral thinkers/spoilsports will hopefully start to use them soon.

This "silver" limiting debate relates to a problem I am having that looks very much like the result of hacking. I make a substantial bid for an item, typically 2 or 10 bandages, for example. The auction accepts my bid, gives me the "change" button instead of the "bid" button. Someone else then "buys" the item without even nearly matching my bid, let alone exceeding it. The system magically "drops" my bid at the last moment, and then I see another person "won" the item for a much, much lower amount than I had bid for it. Happens regularly when persons of a couple of "leading" alliances are bidding for the item. When I asked admin about this, they said that perhaps it is the silver limiting that causes this phenomenon.

Anyone else finding this same phenomenon?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123