Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver Pushing Prevention Discussion

Re: Silver Pushing Prevention Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    perhaps, but there should be a 'risk' calculation involved in with the calculations of the limits.

A new account has xx risk, someone thats using a former or known email address should have less risk. After being on a server for 6 months, and buying alot of gold, and the accounts had regular activity and actively growing then i would put that risk down to 0, and the limit would be appropriate for the risk.

Alot of the silver farmers that sell silver/gold at 25% of the cost to buy gold could be stopped by calculating a players "risk" as part of the limit, while the majority of the server would most likely never be aware of the limit.
    This.

It gets rid of pretty much every objection I have - well, other than the "no new rules for something already prohibited by other rules" objection, but that's just me saddling up one of the many high horses I have in my stable and can be ignored...

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    I realise this would be a very unlikely scenario to occur however I'd like to know if there is some sort of measure against this happening. I don't think it'd be an issue on this domain but where I'm currently playing on .com it wouldn't be too hard for an alliance/meta to completely control the auctions.
    Shhh. NightOwl, sooner or later we're going to hit the market for artworks on .com, and Slijmbal has been hitting most of those up already - using that tactic, we can lock up all the artworks from about villa 10 onwards between their account and ours...
    Last edited by VVV; 9th August 2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Should have read NightOwl's post first

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Could you at least give us some sort of indication on the 'real worth' value? Is it a constant value? Does it vary from server to server, domain to domain? Is there some sort of equation involved?
    No, it is not a constant value. It varies from server to server. An equation is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
    An equation is involved.
    Ugh, Maths, the perfect way to stop people from prying.

(Exceptions include VVV.)

Quote Originally Posted by rokchick View Post
    Bennyboy because I want to know if he really does wear tartan pants like in my imagination.

A huge dislike from my side.
    Yes, something should be done, but then, theoretically (as it was said, when v T4 was brought up) auctions and silver was a way to have gold without buying it. I know a group of guys who are all in different servers and have "silver" accounts on the other servers, and just push the silver to the player of the particular server => so they rarely need to buy any gold. A group of 5, especially if the players are from different countries, is about enough.

I'm not really sure whether this update will prevent it or not. Will there still be a possibility to push 10k 3 times rather then 30k once? (should be dumb if it were the case)

ps- on the mark that a single thing could be made unbuyable. On smaller servers I've seen chieffing actions for several days, so all the tablet of law auctions were controlled buy the attacking ally. This would make it just more easier and cheaper for the attackers..

The way this is set up will actually make it easier for players to not be locked out of the auctions like some of you mentioned being possible.

So if you're being chiefed by an alliance, that alliance won't be able to bid too high for you to win the auction. We're talking about the "real worth" of the items, not a maximum price limit.

For example we're not saying that on X server you may only pay a maximum of 9k silver for a tier 1 weapon or whatever and then the first player who bids 9k silver will win the auction.

The formula for this is much more complicated than that.

This new rule also make sure that Travian Games Gmbh get half of the silver from a deleting account.
    a playes an account for 4 months
    b offers that player to dual in his account as a's account is pretty small and a can do more for ally in a bigger account (this happens a lot on all servers)
    a has bought gold on his account some used on items, some used on bonus, some exchanged to silver.
    Now Travian will only let a bring half the worth of silver worth to player b's account, but all his gold

Yet another way for Travian to milk T4 players wallets

Had they made it possible to get the exchange of silver to gold done at same rate as gold to silver in deleted accounts, then no objections. And I don't know if silver get auto exchanged to gold in deleting accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post

Had they made it possible to get the exchange of silver to gold done at same rate as gold to silver in deleted accounts, then no objections. And I don't know if silver get auto exchanged to gold in deleting accounts
    To be fair on TG, while I dont like a few of their money grabbing schemes, they have to make money from it. If they let you sell your silver for the same rate you bought it, then there would be a lot of people who buy a little bit of gold, and start buying and selling on the auctions to make more gold. At least this way they have to be very good investors to make double the silver + profit.
    Bennyboy because I want to know if he really does wear tartan pants like in my imagination.

Look again at what I suggested!

Look again at what I suggested!
    i can confirm that i deleted an account that had 100gold purchased, and had only a little bit of gold left. it did have silver, (not much) and the gold amount paid out was the amount for the gold only, the silver WAS NOT converted. the silver might have been worth 5-10 gold, so not worth crying over.

SO from my experience, if you miss the last day of the server, and have a sizeable amount of silver, this is LOST.

The problem with T4 (one that i hate the most) is that bugs / issues or versions are still all "T4" so if this bug was fixed, as i dont know what 'version' i was playing i dont know if its been fixed. The current version of T4 is dramatically different to the first version that was released, and the lack of version numbers just annoys the living ☺☺☺☺ out of me.

I think there would be a lot of players that got the ☺☺☺☺s with the first version of T4, if we had some way to distinguish between the different versions (the way that t3.5 t3.6 did) then it would be easy to say "Tx.x" has xx bug(s), and then when the new version comes out we would know that the bug listed is obsolete...

Additionally the lack of version numbers prevents guides or tutorials from being accurate as something written for T4 is not necessarily accurate for the current version of T4.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    To be fair on TG, while I dont like a few of their money grabbing schemes, they have to make money from it. If they let you sell your silver for the same rate you bought it, then there would be a lot of people who buy a little bit of gold, and start buying and selling on the auctions to make more gold. At least this way they have to be very good investors to make double the silver + profit.
    maybe they could look at changing the conversion rate for deleting accounts, or accounts at endgame.
    Heres my thoughts. For non-golds, give them a special travian referral link, if they sign up with same email address using the referral link, then give THEM 25-50 gold when they reach village 2. -> whats the cost to TG for doing this? nothing.
    For golds, why not give them a different silver exchange rate based on how much they spent over the entire server? if someone puts in $5k and has 1000 silver left over, then why not give them a 1:1 exhange rate. So in practical terms im saying if the silver is under say 10% of what the account has purchased in gold, then a 1:1 exhange rate might work well. Over 10% might have the first bit 1:1 and the rest at the normal exchange rate.

Just my 2silvers worth.

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    maybe they could look at changing the conversion rate for deleting accounts, or accounts at endgame.
    Accounts at end game, sure. But what do you classify as a deleting account? Otherwise a player can just flick on the delete timer everytime they convert silver back to gold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast