Thread: A nasty surprise....

A nasty surprise....

Went to send my raids off my farm-list, and found this:

(.... and that's just a fraction of the whole list, as much as would fit on the screen.....).

Was it possible? Had every single oasis on my micro-raiding list suddenly and simultaneously spawned? No: what seems to have happened is that my population has passed some threshhold where, with the morale penalty, even an empty oasis is enough to kill off a solitary EI.

I presume this must've happened to other people? In any event, 56 dead EIs was a heavy loss for me, this early in the server.

And now I have to try and figure out a quick way to edit 56 farmlist entries......

Re: A nasty surprise....

Ouch Aesc, this is why you should never send 1 troop to raid ANYWHERE.
    I'm surprised your troops survived until day 2. I would've thought they'd died on the first attempt!

The only time I send one troop anywhere, other than scouts, is when I'm prepared to suicide it lol, which is what happens most of the time

Cut him some slack Kaf,
    He's been too long out of the loop.
    Tut tut.
    Au2 (Rd 1) Mwesty | Au3 (Rd 1) Mwesty |Au1 (Rd 2) Mwesty | Au2 (Rd 2) Settas |Au1 (Rd 3) El Sancho | Au5 (Rd 1) Swordax IV | Au1 (Rd 4) Electron
    Au2 (Rd 5) CodeSlave | Au3 (Rd 5) Hamish&Andy | Au4 (Rd 4) Factory | Au1 (Rd 7) .Q. | Au3 (Rd7) Quantum

Quote Originally Posted by Mwesty View Post
    Cut him some slack Kaf,
    Tut tut.
    That's about right!

... but I've been micro-raiding very successfully for the first two months of this server, with no problems - and they're not just any troops, they're mean tough EIs! Let's face it, early on you need to squeeze as much resource out of a few dozen troops as possible - why send two EIs to pick up 50 res when one will do? I'm not sure I'd have done anything differently in hindsight - except maybe tried to predict when the tipping-point would be.

Anyway, live and learn.......

Or even better for your horses, die and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mwesty View Post
    Cut him some slack Kaf,
    Tut tut.
    Walking talking Travian Encyclopedias don't get slack

I am pretty surprised it worked because last I heard the game was programmed to kill off solo troops. Although I haven't ever gotten the exact formula for working out what happens, TechSupport like keeping their formulas under lock and key most of the time just to keep us guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Kafkaesque View Post
    Walking talking Travian Encyclopedias don't get slack

I am pretty surprised it worked because last I heard the game was programmed to kill off solo troops. Although I haven't ever gotten the exact formula for working out what happens, TechSupport like keeping their formulas under lock and key most of the time just to keep us guessing
    Yaksha and I did the experiments once, but it was way back on au2 rd 2, and Skype has dropped all my logs from then, so I can't remember the precise details.

I remember that EI's or above could survive single troop raids. From memory, in addition to the usual base defence of a village (around 10|10 or so I think), an additional amount was applied when attacking with a single troop, which was why a clubswinger would die, but spears with an equivalent attack power would take less than 50% casualties. I might try and get my hands on some spears so I can test it out again.

Obviously, with the morale bonus as much as a 50% increase can be experienced by the defending force against attackers, which would be where Aesc came into difficulties.

As for general battle formulas, Kirilloid has a great post on the .com forums which contains most of them, it's a few years old, but still applicable as the battle system hasn't changed in a while. (Or at the very least, Trav. Games haven't told us if it has)

Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by rokchick View Post
    Or even better for your horses, die and learn!
    Not sure you can learn if you're dead

It's a lesson you never forget though.