Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Ceasefire Discussion

Easter Ceasefire Discussion

Hi everyone,

As easter is coming up we will be having a 48 hour ceasefire on ALL servers. Here are the details:

Start time:
    Midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning 8th April GMT+10

End time:
    Midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning 9th April GMT+10

During this time and for 24 hours after the ceasefire ends, there will be no starvation.
    Scouts will still work however, so make sure your villages have scouts left in them to defend against spy attempts.

Note for AUX players:
    If a WW is above level 80 at midday on Saturday 7th April (GMT+10) I will be cancelling the ceasefire on AUX so as to not interfere with the World Wonder race.

I hope you all have a happy easter

Kind regards,

Kafkaesque

Re: Easter Ceasefire Discussion

Happy Easter!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eagle View Post
    You have the wrong holiday

OKAY
    HAPPY EASTER

Kaf, can you consider just scapping the easter ceasefire for AUX anyways? Regardless of the WW levels? Even sub 80 WW's will get a rediculous time advantage where neither side can hit.. and seeing as one team took a WW early to gain extra time, it seems a bit unfair to give the other lot a chance to build the infra up.

Also.. how are we meant to hammer hunt to make winning easier?
    Hear a logical and well laid out arguement, respond with "made up story, get facts straight"

A WILD
    robin appeared!

Personally, I wouldn't want a ceasefire either, but history dictates that if I cancel the ceasefire the majority of the server won't appreciate it.

Whichever way I decide to do things, people are going to be unhappy, so I'm trying to cater to the majority so long as it's reasonable.

The highest WW is currently at level 46 with more than 2 days before the ceasefire starts, which gives plenty of time for attacking before the ceasefire.

Scouts will still work during the ceasefire also. I'm pretty sure you can bet that the ceasefire will give you an advantage here, from my experience some players are going to store their hammers in a village with less scouts than it should have somewhere to take advantage of the no starvation or will simply leave the majority of their villages completely troopless, creating opportunities for their enemies to get one in on them.

Fair enough, I do understand the that people want time off, and yeah ,I'd love some extra wheat for a few days, but its just a tad annoying... take a WW 2 weeks early.. feed it at a stupid level for two weeks.. only for the enemy to be given "free" time... no wheat constraint and easy build time.. especially as the natars will bounce off! Which means they wont even pay the price for being high levelled... is it possible to change it so Natars are not effected by the ceasefire coding?
    Hear a logical and well laid out arguement, respond with "made up story, get facts straight"

A WILD
    robin appeared!

kaf, maybe its possible to suggest to HQ a permanent solution where ww's villages on any server (slow or speed) should never be covered by the ceasefire, and only get the benefit of 'no starvation'?

My personal view on ceasefires is that they should be planned and written in writing and visible when you sign up -> you either agree with them at signup or dont sign up and you have the entire server to plan and strategise around those days. If you managed to time your ww to complete during that said time then good on ya.

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

delayed easter?

no easter in 2012 was at this time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast