Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AU4 Restart Discussion

AU4 Restart Discussion

I'm happy to announce that we have a restart date for our Classic AU4 server and that it will be a T3.6 server.

Pre-registration opens: 1 February 2012

Start date: 3 February 2012 @ 6am GMT+11

Game version: T3.6

We look forward to seeing you there.

Kind regards,

Kafkaesque
    Last edited by Skip; 30th January 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Re: AU4 Restart Discussion

??

too close to au2 starting, and for that matter, au2 is very close to the newly started aux, and we are bound to have au3 or au5 restarting soon as well.

What i think doesnt matter, but it would be nice to poll everyone on au to find what they would prefer, but i would recommend postponing either au2 OR the au4 by 1-2 months.

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

Given it's T3.6, I think that one can run independently of the others. Aside from that though, we have too many servers.

2 T4s, 1 speed T4, and one classic.

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

To be honest, I'd imagine it's still a bit soon to be expecting au3 to be restarting soon. Considering the wait we've had for some of our servers, this strikes me as slightly overly optimistic.

Although those three servers may be starting kind of close together, it is worth noting that au2 is a T4 server, aux is a speed server, and au4 is a T3.6 server. Each server actually has differences to the others, and will appeal to different player bases. If I wanted to play a T3.6 server, it wouldn't matter in the least to me how close its restart is to the restart of a speed server. Speed servers run for a substantially shorter period of time anyway, and so I don't actually see it being worth trying to space out the restarts there.

Additionally, if I wanted to play T3.6 (as a number of people have expressed a firm preference for this version), I have already waited a while for a T3.6 server to start. If I don't need to wait any longer, then I don't really want to.

When considering the closeness of server restarts, I would be more inclined to look at the servers that are going to be relatively similar in type - all the T4 servers. Au1 restarted mid-October. Au2 is restarting mid-January (3 months later), Au3 is in endgame, and Au5 is closed, with no announced restart yet. If the closeness in server restarts is important, then those are the servers that should be considered. And it does seem that they are being spaced out, at least thus far.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion. Considering that I'm a Multihunter, and therefore may not be in a position to play on some of those servers, my opinion is mostly theoretical. I just sometimes get tempted to offer it anyway.

i realise that au2 is starting a good time when compared to au1, and i realise the importance of getting a T3 servers, but i just dont think there is enough players to justify BOTH au2 and au4 starting within 2 weeks of each other.

the reason i mentioned au3 and au5 restarting kaT is because i initially had a flash of horror thinking that they might restart them within 2 weeks of au4, (ok probly wont happen).

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

Lets focus on the positives. The important thing is that AU is getting a classic T3.6.
    Well done Kaf. Hats off to you for making it happen. Bring it on!

3rd street on your right after the roundabout

I look forward to being there and having a whole heap of fun.
    Peoples progress thru life is often hampered by a tremendous sense of their own ignorance, regrettably this disability affects all too few people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMNzF9i8e4k

It's great that we get a 3.6, but can we bring forward the date a couple of weeks? I don't want to be playing too much into my exams.

Just so you guys realize, the Game Admins do not necessarily get to choose the start dates. Head Office gives them a list to choose from, and they must pick from that list. Kafkaesque usually puts the dates out there and gets input when she can, but there are some times when she has no choice in the matter and she has to go with what Head Office gives her.

"...there was about him a suggestion of lurking ferocity, as though the wild will lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept." ~ Jack London

Mmm, they don't actually give me a list, they tell me the first available date and then if for whatever reason I let them know it's unsuitable, we work something out from there.

But so far I've just been taking the first available dates. I know how long other domains have been waiting for servers and as has been said we have one speed, one T4 server heading to midgame, one T4 in endgame, one new T4 about to start and 2 weeks after that a Classic server, so I don't think the current start dates are an issue.

Now if they try to cram AU3 and AU5 on us immediately after AU4 restarts I'll be weighing up the pros and cons and whatever start date options I have.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast