Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AU4 Restart Discussion

Re: AU4 Restart Discussion

Well I guess the people left on au3 are going to have to drag this thing out a bit longer to keep the dates all shiny or the moon and sun won't rise and set as they should! But seriously, au3 has a while to finish yet. I mean there are plenty of hammers capable of zeroing WW's out there. It's more of a matter of finding them and zeroing them before they zero your WW.

When do people think au3 will end, I'm just curious as to what people are predicting? 1 week, 2 weeks, a month, 2 months, longer?

Moderator Comment:
    It's probably best to take the speculations over to the au3 embassy, since that's a better place for it than an au4 restart discussion thread.
    Last edited by Scythe; 11th January 2012 at 06:06 PM.

@ Lyk, perhaps I should have put that post in blue.

Just been reading back , and just had to put in my 2 cents.

1. Honestly i think AU has to many servers and plenty of people would agree on this for a eg: most servers ( snail) start around the 2200-2400 mark from what i have seen then drop off dramatically. Aux around the 2800mark well that was before T4 came about. Not sure what the number was for T4 last aux.

2. Most serious players and regulars only play one, two servers tops as it just get to darn expensive and time consuming, so i think the gap between server starts is fine the way it is , 3 months min between servers is a good bench mark. ( plus what lyks said about getting notified and only being able to choose from a small list of dates)
    Plus you get your regulars who only play one particular server eg: server 1 or server 2 etc

3. Then you have your classic which is only for certain players who enjoy the old fashioned times so really that restart has nothing to do with the rest of the restarts of the servers as you get only certain players wanting to play that server same as speed , in all i think the AU domain goes alright sure the numbers are not huge but the quality of play seems above average and fair, sure we have way to many players bringing on Cross quad hand-holding metazz but that is for another day and getting a little of topic plus i could just go on and on about this all day / night .

anyways keep up the good work Kafs , i think you do a great job and hope your enjoying your new role in the world of Travian

to stay on topic , glad we got a 3.6 version classic as plenty of players have asked about it and i think this will attract some decent numbers from overseas based players 2.
    Last edited by McMillan; 11th January 2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: added info

The "too many Au servers" discussion peaks up from under it's gravestone. They definitely have 2 too many! Au5 should not restart, and Au2 should b retired which would give Au1 & 3 a balanced spread across the year. Aux must remain as the domains speedy train & Au4 as the classic.

Of course none of this will eventuate because German Travian Lords love glass towers!

Glass towers? That's a new one.... I take it that's when you combine an ivory tower with a glasshouse in which to throw stones?

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

Bottomless pit sounds about right 2, but nice comments Blades , totally agree mate +rep.

LOL VVV + rep on that one 2, sticks in stones may hurt but TG laughs all the way to the bank plumb little piggy.

On a serious note its a business and needs to stay in the Black to improve and develop and keep on top , but it would be wish-full thinking if and more than likely a benefit in player retention if they axe au5 and have less servers as Blades said spreading the number/players field between au1&au3 , the numbers just are not present in my opinion to have this many servers.

I accept the Business Case necessity to generate profit. However with the majority of TG's global labour force coming from donated effort along with what seems to b a miniscule marketing budget, a question does arise as to where a lot of the revenue generated from Gold/Auctions is going! Glass Towers (and plush ones for that matter) might b more suited than standard glass houses?

There is no in my mind doubt that the game playerbase is in decline, which means less income for TG. So the question becomes, whats the better model to sap as much funds from the customers as possible before she goes under. Its only natural that there is more gold flowing in the first few months then the last few. So it becomes only natural to try and cash in on it by creating more servers for people to start on, get catapaulted/disinterested and move on to the next. It is in my opinion that if there were less servers running, the playerbase per server would be higher. Higher per starting size, and a comparitivly lower midgame deletion rate. I'd even suggest that the domain approach is flawed as well and should be looked at, do we need an AU domain? People aren't going to wait 3 months for a starting server, they'd just go elsewhere to the next one starting. I've been a longtime believer that we have too many servers, (i'd say 2 + a speed is ideal), however similiar to the liberals Party of AUS stance on reducing carbon emmissions, The AU domain will begin to miss out on players unless every domain cuts back on their server numbers to.

I agree that there are too many servers on AU, but paddles in regards to your comment about fewer servers meaning a lower midgame deletion rate, I don't believe that would be the case.

People were deleting in the droves on AU1 when we had 13k players on the server. I think it's just more noticeable when people delete from a smaller server, but I won't be surprised if more players left that round of AU1 alone due to low player numbers compared to the number of players we lose around midgame - endgame here across all of our servers.

Having said that AU2 opened at around midgame on AU1... but then that also raised our player base significantly. I believe the most players we ever had on AU/NZ was 23,000..maybe more.

I could be wrong, I'm relying on my memory to make these statements, but if I'm recalling correctly that's how things went.

I'm not saying that makes it any more ok on our current servers, it's a problem that we need to try to rectify for sure.

Im really looking forward to starting on the T3.6 server. I wasnt going to play again *sigh* Im not that keen on the T4 servers. Going to feel weird tho going back to the T3.6 but I do prefer it to T4. See ya all there

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast