View Poll Results: Should accomplishments that can be nearly bought outright be recognized?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Highest level hero should be recognized even with the possibility they bought the XP rather than earning it.

5 33.33%
  • No. Highest Level Hero means nothing if XP can be bought.

2 13.33%
  • Yes. Highest Population should be recognized even with the possibility their CP for expansion was bought, not earned.

2 13.33%
  • No. Highest Population means nothing if CP can be bought.

4 26.67%
  • Yes (other reason - post in thread)

2 13.33%
  • No (other reason - post in thread)

0 0%

Thread: Should "Highest Level Hero" still be a Hall of Fame item for T4 servers?

Should "Highest Level Hero" still be a Hall of Fame item for T4 servers?

I brought this up with the staff, and their answers were mixed. So out of curiosity, I'm bringing it up here.

Since hero XP can be so easily bought, is there still a point in giving recognition for the highest level hero in the Hall of Fame for T4 servers?

For that matter, since villages can pretty much be bought in T4 as well, should there be recognition for the highest pop player and/or alliance?

I'm all for recognizing what's earned. I'm just not too keen on recognizing pseudo-accomplishments that boil down to 'biggest wallet'.

Posting a poll with this, and of course discussion is welcome.

Re: Should "Highest Level Hero" still be a Hall of Fame item for T4 servers?

Perhaps we should also create a new award.... "biggest gold abuser", or something along those lines

The highest level hero; at a point in every server, the amount of xp gained by the hero is so insignificant to the usual amount of cp gained through actually using troops. The further in a server is, the less influence scrolls has in the overall picture. I would think that arguing the point Xirena raised is similar to attacking yourself to gain hero xp. No need to point out th obvious flaws in that statement though

Population; hmm that's a tough one. HQ always has and always will show favor to gold buyers so I can't see this changing any time soon. A more important issue is removing the Natars as top population player, as seen in the aux system message announcing server's end
    Probably on walkabout.

when i first read this my first reaction was yes do away with them. But isn't the game requiring gold users to be viable so why not reward the big spenders that actually make the game possible. there is also the fact that spending the most doesn't automatically give you top spot
    i would personally like to see one on raiding. could be split into a few catagories e.g. raided the most resources over the whole server or at one hit, raid the most ecconomically ( not losing heaps of troops doing so )
    Last edited by amoz; 9th November 2011 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amoz View Post
    i would personally like to see who raiding.
    This site actually shows who raided the most over the server, I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's nice to see how you compare at the end of a round. e.g., last au1:

http://cry.travianteam.com/archive.php?r=au1_2011_05_23

(click stolen resources to order it by res stolen )

hmmmmm ...

I remember early in Au5 the top Hero belonged to a small player in a small alliance who had purchased his way to the top, and thinking "that can't be right". But as Simmins has stated as the server gets to the meaty stages then high levels can only be achieved with troops. As an example, my Hero is currently ranked as the 3rd highest on Au5, has been in the Top 5 for 2/3rds of server, and that's been achieved by a very busy Hero.

Oh, and the guy I mentioned who paid his way to the top now sits in spot 29.

Simmins and amoz are spot on. Firstly, the highest spot hero is always a result of killing troops, you cannot buy your way to the top. Secondly, gold buyers are what keeps this game alive. I think a couple of tweaks in T4 have pushed the envelope too far, but not where the achievements are concerned.

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

Bear in mind that you can also suicide and revive your hero all day long if you're a big gold user, on the T4 beta a guy got about 20k xp in the first month this way (and that was without buying any scrolls), and I've seen a few people doing the same on au1.

Nope, I still don't buy it. Gold turns a strong account into a stronger account, or a crappy account into a slightly less crappy account. It doesn't turn a crappy account into a strong one, nor vice versa with a lack of gold.

Buying scrolls and buckets will net you a max of about 400k experience on the numbers quoted thus far, without throwing a genuine hammer around. If that wins the player a spot in the hall of fame, the problem isn't buying hero XP, the problem is that the rest of the players on the server were ☺☺☺☺.
    Last edited by VVV; 9th November 2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Auto-correct fail

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

No matter how disgusting it is to se that goldspending crappy accounts making a top hero it doesn't last to the end. But it is a devolution.

On comx one player have build 19 villages the first 20 days. 14 of them in 4 days. Respect? NO!