View Poll Results: Should this guide remain in our Guides section?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a very useful, accurate and well-written guide for the version it was written for.

2 66.67%
  • Yes, but it needs some editing done for spelling and format.

1 33.33%
  • No, there are better guides already here on this topic.

0 0%
  • No, it's irrelevant/inaccurate/terribly written.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aesculapian's Artefact Guide

Thanks John, and many others who've said nice things and/or kindly repped me.

Hmm - interesting point about the chiefing. The Pushing Rules say (in the context of same-computer/sitter Connection Types):

Quote Originally Posted by http://archive.forum.travian.com.au/showthread.php?t=9232

Exceptions

*WW-Village can be supplied unlimited
    *WW-Village can be attacked and reinforced unlimited
    *WW-Village can always be conquered
    *Artifact-Village can be supplied with CROP unlimited
    *Artifact-Village can always be conquered
    The above exceptions override the CT3 and CT2 connections
    Now, I would take that to mean that chiefing an artefact village overrides the connection-type restrictions, not that it overrides the alliance restrictions. (In the same way, I wouldn't read 'Artifact-Village can always be conquered' as meaning that you can chief a capital with an artefact in it.)

Does anyone have first-hand experience of this? Is it possible to chief an artifact village from an ally (without leaving the alliance)?
    Last edited by aesculapian; 11th January 2011 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aesculapian View Post

Hmm - interesting point about the chiefing. The Pushing Rules say (in the context of same-computer/sitter Connection Types):

Now, I would take that to mean that chiefing an artefact village overrides the connection-type restrictions, not that it overrides the alliance restrictions. (In the same way, I wouldn't read 'Artifact-Village can always be conquered' as meaning that you can chief a capital with an artefact in it.)

Does anyone have first-hand experience of this? Is it possible to chief an artifact village from an ally (without leaving the alliance)?
    Yes, I have done it with an artifact on ukx . As have many others there.

Can any of the admins confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by aesculapian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by http://archive.forum.travian.com.au/showthread.php?t=9232

Exceptions

*WW-Village can be supplied unlimited
    *WW-Village can be attacked and reinforced unlimited
    *WW-Village can always be conquered
    *Artifact-Village can be supplied with CROP unlimited
    *Artifact-Village can always be conquered
    The above exceptions override the CT3 and CT2 connections

Basically, "Artifact-Village can always be conquered" means, well, that an artifact village can always be conquered. To perhaps make it clearer:

• Wonder of the World villages can always be conquered as they cannot be the last village of the defender.
    • Artefact villages can always be conquered as long as they are not held in the last village or the capital of the defender.

If you read through the post that your quote is from, you will see that the alliance friendly fire rules are embedded in the connection types rules (for example: "can raid bigger player unlimited (when in the same alliance 2 in this section applies)"). Therefore, when you read that the exceptions override the friendly fire rules, those friendly fire rules are the ones that apply both to connection types and allies.
    Last edited by Scythe; 21st January 2011 at 11:16 PM.

Lovely - thanks for the clarification!

Any new comer in Travian ought to give this a read. As always, thorough as noone else, Amb. + rep.
    [13:24:30] Nikau: LoD, go kill something right now!
    [13:24:48] LoD: I can't - I'm farming the NW today.

Re: Aesculapian's Artefact Guide

Excellent guide! I found holding a fool's artefact to be one of the most fun things I ever did. I suppose that says something about me?

One quick question: In T4, is it still necessary to have a Hero's Mansion in the village that will house your artefact, or can you just set that village to your hero's home village?

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketswool View Post
    Excellent guide! I found holding a fool's artefact to be one of the most fun things I ever did. I suppose that says something about me?

One quick question: In T4, is it still necessary to have a Hero's Mansion in the village that will house your artefact, or can you just set that village to your hero's home village?
    Pretty sure you can only do that if you have a hero's mansion in that village.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokchick View Post
    Bennyboy because I want to know if he really does wear tartan pants like in my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    Pretty sure you can only do that if you have a hero's mansion in that village.
    Note, capitals don't need a HM to be able to do this, but they generally would have one anyway.
    Au2 (Rd 1) Mwesty | Au3 (Rd 1) Mwesty |Au1 (Rd 2) Mwesty | Au2 (Rd 2) Settas |Au1 (Rd 3) El Sancho | Au5 (Rd 1) Swordax IV | Au1 (Rd 4) Electron
    Au2 (Rd 5) CodeSlave | Au3 (Rd 5) Hamish&Andy | Au4 (Rd 4) Factory | Au1 (Rd 7) .Q. | Au3 (Rd7) Quantum

Aesc, a pretty good guide, but I think your combo guide really downplays the scout. An account scout, and villa training is an awesome combo - especially if you can stash a villa crop in your cropper as well. The account scount and villa training was the combo we chose when Squid built the 720K on au2 - we had a villa crop as well, but we put that in one of the boonie 150% 15Cs rather than the hammer account.

The reason we went that way is that only the Unique Catta Scatter really works - an account level artefact will allow the treasury to be targeted, and then you can get a co-ordinated hit on your account scatter to steal, followed by chiefing on your hammer. With an account scout, you can see the chiefs incoming on your hammer - it's the better option if you can't get the unique scatter.

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12