View Poll Results: Should this guide remain in our Guides section?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a very useful, accurate and well-written guide for the version it was written for.

0 0%
  • Yes, but it needs some editing done for spelling and format.

1 100.00%
  • No, there are better guides already here on this topic.

0 0%
  • No, it's irrelevant/inaccurate/terribly written.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodging follow homes

Quote Originally Posted by MD2212 View Post
    i really hate it when your follow homne gets hit by spearmen, so i get really paranoid abou scouting and scout every village near me about 5 times a day
    Congratulations on making such a worthy contribution to this thread, your efforts are truly appreciated.

As for the original post, I think it's been said already that this is a brilliant guide. I can say conclusively that using a sitter's account to get the requisite field for a hero doesn't work, if you go to the second page then move to your main account, it just goes to the rallypoint and doesn't send anything, if you try to use the first troop page it reloads, wiping anything you've entered, and the hero box if he isn't home yet, I can't see it being faster than the links jarwa explained.

I didn't bother testing it, I just threw it out there. I'd already decided that if it was a case of absolutely having to be able to dodge the hero, I'd go with the double tab set up on the send and have one spare to use to dodge on the return, and warn SWMBO that my computer was out of bounds until further notice.

(Though, to be fair to her, she knows that if the computer is on and Travian is up and running, she is to open a new tab to check her Facebook, or go to the Jon Bon Jovi fansite or whatever it is she wants to do, rather than commit the divorce-worthy sin of navigating away from Travian)

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by VVV View Post
    It works for me, Eyewitness. Just checked on au2, set up attack from spawn villa in a new tab, got to confirmation page, left it there, went back to the original tab, navigated to 2nd villa, sent raid from that villa (to a different village than is the target for the attack from spawn), navigated back to spawn, then went to the tab with confirmation already set up, clicked on OK and away it went.

Let me guess, you're using IE and not Firefox?

If you were to log out for some reason - or your dual was to log in and log out, and possibly your sitter as well - then it won't work.
    Lol, i alternate between IE and Firefox (yes, i suck. Please dont shoot?).
    Just tested it then and it worked, but i swear i had times last server where i set up tabs like and hour earlier then executed and they failed. But yeah, no proof...

Thanks guys for the info. I guess these things sometimes come into the 'well durr' category but i find it interesting to see how ppl solve nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by VVV View Post
    If you were to log out for some reason - or your dual was to log in and log out, and possibly your sitter as well - then it won't work.
    And I'll correct myself here - even if you've logged out, or a dual/sitter has logged out, as long as you log in on a separate tab prior to using your pre-set up dodge it will work.

Appreciated
    To counter the 'logged out by your sitter/dual' issue, have your duals log out by clicking on the homepage or a bookmark to the login page. This method means they can change accounts without kicking others out of the account they just left.

Quote Originally Posted by biupSquid View Post
    To counter the 'logged out by your sitter/dual' issue, have your duals log out by clicking on the homepage or a bookmark to the login page. This method means they can change accounts without kicking others out of the account they just left.
    I might add that you two have not been doing this, as i have been kicked out on numerous occasions so far this server. That or the homepage method no longer works in that fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith
    Stickus Mortius, commonly known as Stickdeath, or SD, is a rare breed of party animal, well known for it's fascination with numbers. Be wary when approaching however, as you may be licked by it's quite extraordinary tongue. It can be identified by it's strange desire to be the first to join a village, where all the inhabitants are nearly certain to die. And no-matter the circumstances, it is ALWAYS in fact "huggable"

I sure as hell don't, I log out then log in to the next account, so it's probably me.

MrailTydor
    Well written guide
    I once tried it with multiple tabs and the firefox offline method usually used for sending same second cata waves - I sent the attacks in advance in the offline mode and tried refreshing the tabs at once. One reason of course is that I was too lazy to calculate the lag. But another was because I've come across a couple of people claiming that a second is not the least count of time in travian (and it is possible to split same second cata waves etc etc). For one thing, when I refresh dorf1.php it always says "Calculated in xx ms". Usually about 20-40.

It's also a good way to try follow clubbies with clubbies in early days. Set up the attack in advance, dodge so your troops return with minimum gap to the incoming attack and execute the pre-set attack as soon as they do land! You need a bit of luck on your side for it to work of course, you need to judge two time instances correctly! It's fun when luck does shine Of course, if you have terrible bad luck - you might just end up recalling your troops to land just before the attacking troops to commit the worst form of suicide on travian ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MrailTydor View Post
    But another was because I've come across a couple of people claiming that a second is not the least count of time in travian (and it is possible to split same second cata waves etc etc).
    I like your technique by the way, it's certainly good for the lazier players.

In regards to the smallest unit of time in Travian, it is the second. If one attack is launched to land just prior to the second ticking over, and another is launched later to land just as the second ticks over, (ie, a split of nearly a whole second). the attack launched first will always land first.

First in, first out (FIFO), the server records the order in which events were placed, and then builds a queue of the events due to occur each second, in the order they were placed*. Which is why same second wavesplitting is only possible if the attacks were sent at different times.

*You used to be able to see this occasionally when the server overloaded, you'd get little "?'s" at the various time dependant areas, and clicking on them would tell you how many events were backed up, I gather that in these cases the speed the server could perform events was being outpaced by the speed they were being ordered, and a backlog started to build up, which of course got worse as the server slowed down, and people got impatient etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast