Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lone ranger's Comprehensive Defense Guide

Amazing guide lone ranger, just amazing!

I'll take the opportunity of adding my voice to the chorus of approval - an absolutely superb guide, and my compliments on all the hard work and beautiful formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by lone ranger View Post

Residence sniping chieftain attacks

A residence snipe involves destroying your own residence / palace. You then rebuild it so that it rebuilds BETWEEN the attacker's waves. Seeing as their first wave will usually be targeting the residence / palace, by demolishing it on your own prior to the attack will make the cats fire randomly, and their chiefs will then drop the loyalty. IF the residence is rebuilt between the waves, the second wave of chiefs, (who otherwise should be successful in the capture) then get a message saying that “the residence or the palace has not been destroyed”

IF your were being chiefted and your residence / palace was level 10 or level 20, you would need gold to instant demolish it so that you can do residence sniping.
    A minor point: you don't (usually) have to start from scratch to do a residence snipe. Instead of demolishing your residence/palace and rebuilding Level 1, you can simply start from where you currently are and build the next available level (timed of course as a snipe, to complete in between the relevant waves). For example, if your residence is currently L13, try and queue L14 to complete in between waves. If and when the first wave destroys your residence, the currently queued level will automatically revert to L1, complete at the given time, and 'snipe' the chiefing attempt as loneranger described.

(Of course, if your residence is already L20, you will have to destroy one level simply in order to have something to rebuild).

Advantages of this approach are:

1. If the apparent chiefing attack turns out to be a fake, you haven't unnecessarily destroyed your residence.
    2. You don't lose buildings unnecessarily, to catapults targetted at the auto-destroyed residence now firing on random.
    3. If you mis-time your first attempt at the snipe, you can auto-destroy a level or two and have another go at sniping, using a lower (more quickly completed) level.
    4. Your attacker needs more firing catapults to ensure that he takes down the residence - though this will be a fairly minor consideration once you're into midgame, when everyone will have catapults to spare.
    Last edited by aesculapian; 19th February 2011 at 10:33 AM.

ive never tried that...

In addition to all your other advantages i can see one extra one.
    In practice, where ive had loyalty lowered before but successfully sniped the final waves, As i have to keep the residence low level, and then demolish it to do the snipe, the loyalty often doesnt increase much in between the attacks.

I like your approach, as this allows you to build the residence as high as you can in between attacks, and still residence snipe the attacks, which means faster recovery of loyalty, and ultimately more success.

Cheers for putting that method out there.
    Last edited by Lone Ranger; 19th February 2011 at 12:12 PM.

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

Wild coincidence, another server on another domain, you wound up with my account in the picture demonstrating blackboxing

The funny part about this is that when you were in USA, you sent out an MM about the dangers of blackboxing, which I'd never heard of, and then I started doing that to the USA trooptool

Odd coincidence.
    I gave in, I made an AUX account.

bah ha ha ha ha. lols. apoc was awesome hey, just hard to work out which one of his personas i was talking to at any one time.

btw, i only ever pull out that mm when ive got someone saying "join troop tool OR ELSE". ive learnt that when i say "or else what", as soon as im green dot, i quickly end up evicted, and raided / chieftained / crop locked. But when i pull that MM out, then everyone in the alliance joins, makes the leaders happy, and openly makes the leaders question weather or not the information is actually reliable, thereby making the entire point of joining troop tool worthless.

maybe i should 'smudge' over the other IGNs and only keep mine visible?

EPIC guide Lone Ranger
    I'm a confessed anvil & I *drewl* over a good defence guide
    & I've got to agree with Xirena here, T4 will not make this guide obselete at all. The main issue I expect this guide to have with T4 is sniping ability due to added lag.
    But if that's the only issue You're going to have to live with this guide being on the forums for quite a while

/me bows in your presence *bow*
    [10:21:34 PM] Brooken | Newbish: you drove me to spam
    [10:21:41 PM] Brooken | Newbish: everyone can blame you
    [10:21:54 PM] BB/Rosengaard: Alot of how this domain has shaped is due to me yeah
    Feel free to spam it out on your servers

Quote Originally Posted by lone ranger View Post
    bah ha ha ha ha. lols. apoc was awesome hey, just hard to work out which one of his personas i was talking to at any one time.

btw, i only ever pull out that mm when ive got someone saying "join troop tool OR ELSE". ive learnt that when i say "or else what", as soon as im green dot, i quickly end up evicted, and raided / chiefained / crop locked. But when i pull that MM out, then everyone in the alliance joins, makes the leaders happy, and openly makes the leaders question weather or not the information is actually reliable, thereby making the entire point of joining troop tool worthless.

maybe i should 'smudge' over the other IGNs and only keep mine visible?
    Hey I'm not complaining, I'm ranked #2 for offense
    I gave in, I made an AUX account.

Wow this guide is totally amazing i was reading it and imagining how much i would get owned if the people i was farming used this breath-taking guide to use against me. Truly, Truly amazing. I definitely will recomend this to tribes. The amount of infomation in this incredibly i envy the amount of time you put into this to make it as amazing as it is!

From a beginner to a Veteran this guide is definitely worth a read !!!
    AMAZING!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12