Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New way to set up Attack Tabs

Former Game Admin

I manipulate the URLs for various things in game too. I have no concerns about what Garinil has posted here.

You are all free to adopt this way of sending out mass attacks as far as I'm concerned.

IF I get told any different by Head Office I will be sure to let you all know by updating this thread.

Regards

Loki

Thanks to Slash for the sig.

Bookmarked and repped!

Dont suppose there is a similar method that takes you straight to the confirm screen?

Say for example you have a boomerang heading your way with a 2 second gap and you dont already have a tab set up ready to move it out of the way. Would be sweet to be able to make up the page that you just need to hit o.k. to move the troops.

Instead of having the current method of typing in everything thats coming home, hitting o.k. at the right second, then hoping your net is fast enough to load the confirmation screen and let you hit the second o.k. button.
    Last edited by millennium; 2nd May 2017 at 05:23 AM. Reason: -

RIP Mathy. Forever loved!

Quote Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
    Dont suppose there is a similar method that takes you straight to the confirm screen?

Say for example you have a boomerang heading your way with a 2 second gap and you dont already have a tab set up ready to move it out of the way. Would be sweet to be able to make up the page that you just need to hit o.k. to move the troops.

Instead of having the current method of typing in everything thats coming home, hitting o.k. at the right second, then hoping your net is fast enough to load the confirmation screen and let you hit the second o.k. button.
    Unfortunately, there is not. At least not that I know of.

I'm back baby? For now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garinil View Post
    Unfortunately, there is not. At least not that I know of.
    I don't think its possible either, because you need to have the troops available to confirm sending them

That just needs really good practice with timing your net to your send time . . .if everything is pretty constant it is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekae View Post
    I don't think its possible either, because you need to have the troops available to confirm sending them

That just needs really good practice with timing your net to your send time . . .if everything is pretty constant it is simple.
    Unless your lag is constantly 3 seconds...

But yes, good point - if you could link straight to the confirmation screen, chances are that using it before the troops get home would still result in the message that you don't have the troops in the village, so you'd still need to wait for them to get home, which makes it the same scenario as what meatbag described.

I have always just put in the numbers I need to, hit submit, and right before the troops get home, I refresh the page(with my mouse where the "ok" button is) and hit enter. I have dodged an attack landing within 3 seconds of troops returning before.
    Last edited by Garinil; 19th September 2010 at 03:07 AM.

I'm back baby? For now.

Just was considering that problem, and I suspect that one way to do it would be to leave the same number (or more) troops home as are returning, and set up two tabs. You'd be able to take both to the second OK screen and from there a quick Ctrl-Tab with some rapid clicking would take not just the troops at home, but the ones returning out of danger.

The downside of course is that you're risking twice as many troops if things go pear shaped.

interesting method...

one of the few new things i've seen in this game. I've never really bothered to manipulate URLS when playing.

My Aux Round 4 As It Was Meant To Be. All Hail Teh GodKing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Litch View Post
    Gratz. That's almost like claiming you've beaten up an elderly woman and then boasted about it to make yourself feel better. Heh, sounds like some deluded egotistical 8 year old child to me, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
    Just was considering that problem, and I suspect that one way to do it would be to leave the same number (or more) troops home as are returning, and set up two tabs. You'd be able to take both to the second OK screen and from there a quick Ctrl-Tab with some rapid clicking would take not just the troops at home, but the ones returning out of danger.

The downside of course is that you're risking twice as many troops if things go pear shaped.
    Why not send the first set of troops away once the second tab is set up? Or course this still counts on you having a mirror image of your army sitting at home...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast