5 21.74%
  • Gaul

12 52.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which tribe

Which tribe

I have no idea which tribe to be so can u help me deside

Thanks if u do

If you're a first-timer I recommend gauls, they're the easiest tribe to play when it comes to getting familiar with the basics of the game

Teutons and romans have less cranny protection and are therefore a little more hindered by raids at the start. Gauls are better designed for newcomers - then i would advance onto teutons after a while if you wish to learn how to play aggressive game.
    Last edited by Creamy; 28th June 2010 at 09:45 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy View Post
    If you're a first-timer I recommend gauls, they're the easiest tribe to play when it comes to getting familiar with the basics of the game

Teutons and romans have less cranny protection and are therefore a little more hindered by raids at the start. Gauls are better designed for newcomers - then i would advance onto teutons after a while if you wish to learn how to play aggressive game.
    what he said ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy View Post

Mostly agree. Gauls are better to start with but not bad to keep going with either. It's activity level that determines if you should go teuts. They lose their edge if you don't raid constantly, and so if you have no duals stick with Gauls or Romans.

Appreciated
    Romans are quite good if you have no plan to actively raid, as the dual build allows players to happily sim away with less of a time commitment towards constantly queuing the various buildings.

Although, I think the updated FAQ/Instructions are right in saying that Guals are easier than Romans. Certainly, it's easier for a new player to start a decent Gallic account than it is to start a Roman one, for all the reasons mentioned above.

Also, Teutons are not the only ones to play as an aggressive player. Romans can still be a nasty neighbour at start game if they build troops and raid, especially if they manage to follow home the dominant teuton's clubbie stack with EIs. Opens the raiding right up. But all in all, if you are looking to play something to learn the ways of the game, Gauls are the easiest and safest option.

Also, warrior, try repping creamy instead of posting the "what he said" line.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith
    Stickus Mortius, commonly known as Stickdeath, or SD, is a rare breed of party animal, well known for it's fascination with numbers. Be wary when approaching however, as you may be licked by it's quite extraordinary tongue. It can be identified by it's strange desire to be the first to join a village, where all the inhabitants are nearly certain to die. And no-matter the circumstances, it is ALWAYS in fact "huggable"

still, nobody seems to think that romans are good for start, in fact romans were my first ever race and i did very well, they are excellent in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Stickdeath View Post
    Also, Teutons are not the only ones to play as an aggressive player. Romans can still be a nasty neighbour at start game if they build troops and raid, especially if they manage to follow home the dominant teuton's clubbie stack with EIs. Opens the raiding right up. But all in all, if you are looking to play something to learn the ways of the game, Gauls are the easiest and safest option.

Also, warrior, try repping creamy instead of posting the "what he said" line.
    Quote Originally Posted by DANDY View Post
    still, nobody seems to think that romans are good for start, in fact romans were my first ever race and i did very well, they are excellent in my opinion
    Roman troops are too expensive for a new player. Gauls are still better if you wish to play aggressively, if you raid with failanxes to get TTs. Sure, legos are better at raiding than failanxes, but when you take in the cost to build a lego vs a failanx and the amount of resources needed to build ponies, Gauls come out on top, IMO.
    Probably on walkabout.

If you read my post, you will see that i said that Gauls would be better for a new player. I was just remarking that you should not count out Romans if you want to play aggressively. Maybe it is cheaper earlier on with Gauls, but the steps you take early in the game as a Roman certainly helps you at the end and through the later part of the server. ROmans troops are built to destroy things, backed up with the strongest infantry unit, and with the HDT implemented, the strongest cav unit per crop consumption.

Also, if you utilise your resources well, and build troops along with fields, the investment is also worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Smith
    Stickus Mortius, commonly known as Stickdeath, or SD, is a rare breed of party animal, well known for it's fascination with numbers. Be wary when approaching however, as you may be licked by it's quite extraordinary tongue. It can be identified by it's strange desire to be the first to join a village, where all the inhabitants are nearly certain to die. And no-matter the circumstances, it is ALWAYS in fact "huggable"

Quote Originally Posted by Stickdeath View Post
    If you read my post, you will see that i said that Gauls would be better for a new player. I was just remarking that you should not count out Romans if you want to play aggressively. Maybe it is cheaper earlier on with Gauls, but the steps you take early in the game as a Roman certainly helps you at the end and through the later part of the server. ROmans troops are built to destroy things, backed up with the strongest infantry unit, and with the HDT implemented, the strongest cav unit per crop consumption.

Also, if you utilise your resources well, and build troops along with fields, the investment is also worthwhile.
    Any tribe can be played aggressively - I was saying that in my opinion atleast, teuts are the easiest to LEARN aggressive play with. I personally prefer aggressive gaul but I cannot imagine myself making the step from newbie to aggressive gaul without aggressive teuton in between. Sure it can be done but there are usually tricks and a knack required whereas with a gaul/roman whereas with teuts its guns blazing.
    Last edited by Creamy; 28th June 2010 at 03:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast