Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RP restrictions on .au1

RP restrictions on .au1

Just wondering if .au1 will restart with RP restrictions still in place. Since .com have dropped them and .us1 will restart without RP restrictions, it's obvious that they aren't liked by many veteran players for a variety of reasons. Of course, this is a completely different set of users, so this will effect the decision ultimately.

I hope they'll drop it, because otherwise player numbers are going to suffer horrifically. I'm tossing up whether to re-start au1, I probably won't bother if it's 3.6 with the RP restriction.

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

If it were up to me, I'd toss RP restrictions, auto-dodge and instant recall out the window. But it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordik View Post
    If it were up to me, I'd toss RP restrictions, auto-dodge and instant recall out the window. But it's not.
    The latter two are gold spinners, and the 2nd doesn't really work without the first, so I don't like the chances. But I agree, they should all go. Bring back the 10% bonus for gold spending instead.

All <3 to Hmphy-Bunny for the sig.

Quote Originally Posted by VVV View Post
    The latter two are gold spinners, and the 2nd doesn't really work without the first, so I don't like the chances. But I agree, they should all go. Bring back the 10% bonus for gold spending instead.
    They've taken instant recall and RP restrictions away on .com. I'm hoping for auto-dodge to go too.

Just look at Allah on us1r3. Over 2 mill offensive kills now I think. This is obviously not a speed server. Several ghost hammers + unique speed artefact + small troop trainer + amazing raiding is deadly, and a hell of a lot of fun to watch. Perhaps it's overpowered though, but has certainly made people have to think about where their troops are.

*shrug* I usually raided close to half what the top ten were getting on AUx and never experienced a problem with the RP restrictions... then again, I'm more a repeat the big hauls than go for the 2 and 3 resources providing farms. lol

I personally, having experienced it, don't believe it's that big a deal. I mean we still have people cracking 100mil raids on AUx....

Completed 9 Servers (Most Recent)
    Average ally rank - 5th (2nd)
    Average pop - 30,625 (48,610)
    Average Conquer Rank - 14th (1st)
    Average Off rank - 15th (4th) - 541,000 (1,585,505)
    Average Def Rank - 16th (8th) - Kills: 551,000 (1,016,138)

morg - aux RP movements is DOUBLE slow server, but the RP restrictions can also impact defenders/farms - limiting the number of reins sent out, and returning incoming troops is ridiculous IMO.

With the new captch system in place, they could easily remove the RP restrictions (as that was made to deal with botting) OR make the RP restrictions apply to outgoing attacks only - which would also incidentally allow raiders to send more attacks the instant their former attacks had landed.

For autododge, ive never been a fan of it, if it was up to me, id leave it in there but only have their settlers autododge.

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

My problem with RP restrictions isn't so much that it limits raiding, but that it limits midgame cat fakes. On big ops where I need to send 15-20 cat waves at a target, it severely limits the number of people that I can fake realistically. When it comes to cross quad warfare, 5 sets of fakes per real just isn't enough. Sure, I can think of a few ways to get around that problem, but none of them area ideal for one reason or another.

I don't mind it limiting raiding, I mind it limiting blowing stuff up.

The problem with RP restrictions was never really mid - end game raiding.

The problem was in the first few weeks when micro raiding is the only real viable method to getting a decent raid income. At this point a lvl 20 RP is extremely expensive and slows down people from getting vill 2 and 3 etc. So the rally point was a major restriction as it meant just one more useless building that needed to be made when you were trying to get infra in place for a town hall and saving for settlers.

By midgame, of coarse 400 raids was no big deal to worry about. Nor was getting the level 20 rally point.

I think the most outgoings we had when we got our gold robbers medal was around 100. Having TT's with a speed arti was a big help though so im sure many teuts would have been sitting close to 400 for the majority of the time.

I would hope .au follows suit and ditches the limits. IMO its the worst thing travian has done.

RIP Mathy. Forever loved!

Quote Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
    IMO its the worst thing travian has done.
    I think thats an opinion shared by most players

If travian looks at the numbers of au3 current round, and aux current round, and compares those numbers to the former player base, and then we need to ask whats changed? The biggest change is t3.6

T3.6 was tested only for a few months before it was implemented on ALL servers. its only after servers are started and completed with t3.6 that they can look and compare their player base BEFORE t3.6 and AFTER t3.6 and see if there is a massive difference.

Most of T3.6 features are money spinners, I would say that servers / domains are now going without some of those features are doing so as they are financially worse off.

Played travian for 4 years, and all I got was:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast