View Poll Results: Should this guide remain in our Guides section?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a very useful, accurate and well-written guide for the version it was written for.

1 33.33%
  • Yes, but it needs some editing done for spelling and format.

2 66.67%
  • No, there are better guides already here on this topic

0 0%
  • No, it's irrelevant/inaccurate/terribly written

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Erik's Guide to sim up to 2nd village

Quote Originally Posted by rave20k View Post
    ... Why the effort to write Simmer & New guys? They both mean Noob
    Quite contrary to popular belief, there are a good handful of Pro players that like to take a round or two to go out and sim up a nice hammer or just a lot of defense. So, he was correct in writing it how he did.

Regards,
    Garinil

I'm back baby? For now.

Thats a good guide very well explained. Personally i wouldn't bother with all those grannies just build enough to cover the teuton raiding bonus for the amount of resources that will build up in your offline hours.
    With all your fields at level 6 plus 2 clay feilds at level 7, you can build a settler every 24 hours. Whilst waiting for CP trade on the market place as often as you can and work on troops you will need them. No decent alliance will ever take you in on your population alone.
    Last edited by Beaker; 5th August 2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: because i can ;p

Thank you to Xirena for putting the notice at the top of the sim guide post.

I think folks my find the google doc spreadsheet link in the original guide very helpful since I had a few transcription errors when creating the guide (which hopefully have all been corrected), whereas the spreadsheet has always had the correct data and comes with some helpful numbers as well to assist in calculating NPC distributions.

I recognize that a large account with no troops is a farm in waiting, however in early game you can often do quite well if you focus purely on economy and know when to change gears and suddenly create a strong military force quickly.

No two servers are the same, but I have been able to use an approximation of this guide, tailored to roman tastes (so more level 10 crannies) to pick an early cropper fight with a much larger player, and in short order destroying that top 50 player I picked the fight with such that he deleted off the server. That account is now in the top 40 population and top 60 heroes, offense and defense, holds 2 artifacts and has aggressively stolen a large artifact from a top alliance.

Happy simming everyone. =-)

Quote Originally Posted by erikml View Post
    Thank you to Xirena for putting the notice at the top of the sim guide post.

I think folks my find the google doc spreadsheet link in the original guide very helpful since I had a few transcription errors when creating the guide (which hopefully have all been corrected), whereas the spreadsheet has always had the correct data and comes with some helpful numbers as well to assist in calculating NPC distributions.

I recognize that a large account with no troops is a farm in waiting, however in early game you can often do quite well if you focus purely on economy and know when to change gears and suddenly create a strong military force quickly.

No two servers are the same, but I have been able to use an approximation of this guide, tailored to roman tastes (so more level 10 crannies) to pick an early cropper fight with a much larger player, and in short order destroying that top 50 player I picked the fight with such that he deleted off the server. That account is now in the top 40 population and top 60 heroes, offense and defense, holds 2 artifacts and has aggressively stolen a large artifact from a top alliance.

Happy simming everyone. =-)
    Hey Erik,

I linked to a thread (see here) on the US forum that was started by Wren and then you provided some additions/corrections. Who should we actually credit if we link to the content - you or Wren or both?
    AU1/RD2 - Huggington

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Autumnbottom View Post
    Hey Erik,

I linked to a thread (see here) on the US forum that was started by Wren and then you provided some additions/corrections. Who should we actually credit if we link to the content - you or Wren or both?
    Hrm. That is the thread that got me motivated to write a proper sim guide. I figured it was easier to redo it from scratch since wren's had some errors (it actually does not work as written due to wheat requirements) and other places where it could be improved singnificantly. I did borrow his style for the day to day listings, however. Heck I billed mine as "efficient sim" since it was intended to be an improvement over wren's.

I think I will add a credit to wren's for inspiration and have no problem sharing credit with him. It was a work in progress for a little while. I reckon in a few days I will go back and clean it up since it is competed now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123