Thread: Tribe Defense

Tribe Defense

Which tribe is most suitible for defending in early-midgame? It's so hard to choose. >.<

Banned
    How long is a piece of string?

Gauls have the best all round defence with phalanx evenly balanced over both cav and infantry.

Romans have the ultimate in infantry defence in the praets but the legs are overpriced tosh in terms of cav defence.

Teuts have the king of cav killers in spearmen but pallies are way too expensive for underpowered inf defence.

The ideal solution is to get a roman/teut partnership for praets/spears but really defence is an alliance issue so all types should be available

Or you can take my view that the best defence is to play a hyper aggressive teut and make sure everyone within 20 squares of you is either a farm or a smoking hole in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Heartless View Post
    Which tribe is most suitible for defending in early-midgame? It's so hard to choose. >.<
    totally depends on your playing style...

in your case, your playing style is 'personal deffer' then your tribe should be romans as the person you are defending should be able to build spears, and your role is to build praets for infantry defense. But that is only my opinion.

the cost for praets is extrodinary and they take ages to rebuild, but they are very effective early to midgame.

phalanx are great, quick and cheap to replace, but i find them weak VS a large bunch of clubbies which is common early to midgame.

still, players will attack with a mix of infantry and calvary so you will always need a mix of infantry defense (romans) and calvary defense (gaul / tuetons) IMO.

Yes, I am a Personal Deffer. If I survive until end game, which tribe is more effective in defending WW... etc..?

I'm looking for the most effective defenders through the most parts of the games.

Banned
    WW defence it's a no brainer

the spear/praet combination is the best.
    you add phalanx so the gauls can send def too.

If you're a personal deffer for a player then you work off their style. I assume they're a hard and fast teut so you compliment that by playing a pure praet roman

if you want to play alliance defence in the midgame then gauls with the rapid reaction time of druids and haeds are probably the most useful

building the wonder anvils is just about factory line producing your tribes basic defensive infantry. Spears/praets/phalanx